To use Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN) to accelerate the content delivery for a website, you must specify the website as the origin server and add the domain name of the website to DCDN. DCDN caches static content from the origin server to DCDN nodes by using the domain name. DCDN retrieves dynamic content from the origin server with dynamic acceleration technologies such as intelligent routing and protocol optimization. This way, delivery of static and dynamic content can be accelerated. After you add a domain name to DCDN, DCDN pushes the configuration of the domain name to all DCDN nodes. This process does not affect your business.
- DCDN is activated. For more information, see Activate DCDN.
- An origin server with stable performance is deployed.
- A domain name to be accelerated is prepared. If the accelerated region is Mainland China Only or Global, you must apply for an Internet Content Provider (ICP) number for the domain name. If the domain name does not have an ICP number, you can apply for one through Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing System.
- Log on to the DCDN console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Names.
- On the Domain Names page, click Add Domain Name.
- On the Add Domain Name page, set the following parameters.
Step 1: Set the basic information about the origin server
Parameter Description Domain Name to AccelerateTake note of the following rules:
- The domain name to be accelerated can be a subdomain name or a wildcard domain name.
The domain name must be in lowercase letters. Chinese characters are not supported.
If the domain name is
example.com, the domain name to be accelerated can be a subdomain name of
example.com, for example,
- You can specify a wildcard domain name, such as
*.example.com. For more information about the rules for wildcard domain names, see Does DCDN support acceleration for wildcard domain names?.Note
- A wildcard domain name and the domain names that match the wildcard domain name must be added to DCDN by the same Alibaba Cloud account. The system checks the domain names when you add them to DCDN. If a wildcard domain name and the domain names that match the wildcard domain name are added to DCDN by different Alibaba Cloud accounts, an error message is returned. To request technical support from Alibaba Cloud, submit a ticket.
- If a wildcard domain is not added to DCDN, you can add the domain names that match the wildcard domain name to DCDN with different Alibaba Cloud accounts.
- You cannot add a duplicate domain name to DCDN.
If the DomainAlreadyExist error occurs, check whether the domain name is added to other Alibaba Cloud services such as ApsaraVideo VOD, ApsaraVideo Live, Alibaba Cloud CDN (CDN), Secure CDN (SCDN), and Video Surveillance System. You can submit a ticket to report this issue.
- You can add at most 50 domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN with each Alibaba Cloud account.
However, if the sum of the average daily peak bandwidth values of your domain names exceeds 50 Mbit/s, you can submit a ticket to add more domain names to Alibaba Cloud CDN. Make sure that the increase of domain names does not cause business risks.
- The content delivered from the domain name must be legal and comply with the Terms of Service for DCDN. For more information, see Limits.
Resource Groups Select Default Resource Group or a custom resource group. For more information about how to create a resource group, see Create a resource group. Business Type
DCDN: You can use this feature to accelerate delivery of dynamic and static content.
Acceleration Region Select an accelerated region. If you select Mainland China Only or Global, you must apply for an ICP number for the domain name. We recommend that you use Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing System to apply for ICP numbers. It may take some time for Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) to update data in the database. After you submit domain name information to MIIT, we recommend that you wait 8 hours before you configure the domain name in DCDN.Note The pricing varies based on the accelerated region. Select an accelerated region based on your business requirements. For more information about the pricing of DCDN, see DCDN Pricing.
- Mainland China Only: All requests are redirected to CDN nodes that are deployed in mainland China.
- Global: All requests are redirected to the nearest CDN nodes.
- Global (Excluding Mainland China): All requests are redirected to CDN nodes that are deployed outside mainland China.
Step 2: Configure an origin server
- On the Add Domain Name page, click Add Origin Server.
- In the Add Origin Server dialog box, set the following parameters.
Parameter Description Type
- OSS Domain
If you select OSS Domain, you can enter the public domain name of an Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket in the Domain Name field. For example, you can enter xxx.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com. Internal endpoints of OSS buckets are not supported.
You can view the public endpoint of an OSS bucket in the OSS console. You can also select an OSS bucket that belongs to the current Alibaba Cloud account from the Domain Name drop-down list.
If you select IP, you can enter the public IP address of the origin server in the IP field.
Enter the public IP addresses of one or more servers. Public IP addresses of Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances do not need to be reviewed.
- Site DomainIf you select Site Domain, you can enter the domain name of your origin server in the Domain Name field.Note The origin domain name cannot be the same as the accelerated domain name. Otherwise, a DNS resolution loop occurs, and requests cannot be redirected to the origin server.
You can set priorities to specify primary and secondary origin servers. The primary origin server has a higher priority than secondary origin servers. DCDN preferentially redirects requests to the primary origin server.
For example, if you set Origin Server A and B as the primary and secondary origin server, user requests are preferentially redirected to Origin Server A. If Origin Server A is down, user requests are redirected to Origin Server B until Origin Server A works as expected again.
If origin servers have the same priority, DCDN redirects requests to the origin servers based on their weights. This balances loads among the origin servers. Valid values of weights are 0 to 100. An origin server with a greater weight value receives a larger number of requests.
For example, you have specified two origin servers: Server A and Server B, and both of them are primary origin servers. The weight of Server A is 80, and the weight of Server B is 20. In this case, DCDN redirects 80% of requests to Server A and 20% of requests to Server B.
PortSelect a port based on the protocol supported by the origin server.
Note Before you can specify a custom port, you must set Static Origin Protocol Policy and Dynamic Origin Protocol Policy to HTTP after you add a domain name. For more information, see Configure the static origin protocol policy and Configure back-to-origin requests to retrieve dynamic content.
- Port 80: Requests are redirected to port 80 of the origin server.
- Port 443: Requests are redirected to port 443 of the origin server. Make sure that the origin server supports HTTPS.
- OSS Domain
- Click OK.
- The domain name to be accelerated can be a subdomain name or a wildcard domain name. The domain name must be in lowercase letters. Chinese characters are not supported.
- Click Next. The first time a domain name is added to the DCDN console, the ownership of the domain name must be checked. If the domain name has already passed the verification, skip this step. For more information, see Verify the ownership of a domain name.
- Wait for manual verification.
It takes one to two business days to verify the ownership of a domain name. If the origin server is an ECS instance or an OSS bucket, you can submit a ticket. It takes less time to verify the ownership of an ECS instance or an OSS bucket.
After the domain name passes the verification, you can check the status of the domain name on the Domain Names page. If the domain name is in the Enabled state, it indicates that the domain name is added to Alibaba Cloud CDN.
What to do next
Related API operations
|AddDcdnDomain||Adds a domain name to DCDN.|
|BatchAddDcdnDomain||Adds multiple domain names to DCDN.|
|VerifyDcdnDomainOwner||Checks the ownership of a domain name through DNS resolution.|
|DescribeDcdnVerifyContent||Checks the ownership of a domain name through file verification.|