For example, if a sales team serves customers across the country, they must be able to track sales data for more than 30 provinces and their cities and county regions for any time period. As the business continuously grows and scales, the team views an ever-increasing amount of sales data. With such a large amount of data, it will greatly improve efficiency and avoid data leaks if only the sales data of a region that a person is responsible for is available to them.
Row-level permissions of Quick BI make different data of a report be available to different people. This section describes the feature by taking the company_sales_record dataset as an example. For more information about how to create a dataset, see Create a dataset.
Configure row-level permissions
You can configure the row-level permissions of a dataset in the workspace.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click the Workspace tab, and select a workspace.
- Click Dataset to enter the dataset management page of this workspace.
- Select the required dataset. Click the ellipsis icon or right-click this dataset, and select Row-Level Permissions as shown in the following figure.
- Select the Enable Row-Level Access Control check box, and select User / User Group Authorization.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select a field such as area, as shown in the following figure.
- Select a member in the list.
After you select a member, the field automatically appears in the Permissions area as shown in the following figure.
- Click area to expand all information contained in the field.
- Select an area such as the selected region, and then click Add.
After you add a member, this member can only view the sales data of Northeast China.Note When you configure row-level permissions for a field of a dataset, you must configure the permissions for each member to access the dataset field. If you do not configure permissions for a member to view the data, all requests to access the configured data by the member will return no data.
- Click Close to complete the configuration.
Verify row-level permissions
- Click Personal workspace.
- Click Dashboard to enter the dashboard management page.
- Locate a dashboard, click the Share icon next to this dashboard.
- Enter the account name of the person with whom you want to share the dashboard, and select an expiration date.
Note Row-level permissions must be granted to the account of the person with whom you want to share the dashboard. Otherwise, you cannot check whether the permissions for the account work on the dashboard.
- Click Save to share the report.
If row-level permissions are granted to the person with whom you want to share the dashboard, the person will be able to view the data they are authorized for, and only the data they are authorized for.