WHOIS lookup allows you to query registration information about a domain name, such as the domain name registrar, domain name status, registration date, and expiration date.
Details of WHOIS lookup
- Registrant Email:
To comply with the Temporary Specification for gTLD Registration Data (Temporary Specification) issued by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), and the compliance requirements stated in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Alibaba Cloud WHOIS no longer provides personal information about registrants from May 25, 2018. Relevant services were therefore suspended from May 25, 2018. For more information, see Alibaba Cloud Domain Privacy & Proxy Service will be suspended.
- Sponsoring Registrar: the current registrar of the domain name, such as Alibaba Cloud Computing Ltd. d/b/a HiChina (www.net.cn).
- Registration Date: the date when the domain name was registered.
- Expiration Date: the date when the domain name expires. Domain name registrants must renew their domain names in time. For more information, see Renew a domain name.
- Domain Name Status:
the status of the domain name, which is related to specific security settings of the domain name. For example, if a domain name is configured to prohibiting transfer or deletion, the value of Domain Status is clientTransferProhibited or clientDeleteProhibited. The status of a domain name changes at different stages, such as registration and expiration. For more information, see Domain name statuses.
- DNS Server: the current Domain Name System (DNS) server of the domain name. For more information about how to change the DNS server, see Change the DNS server for a domain name.
- WHOIS lookup results for different types of domain names contain different registration information items. For more information about each item, see Domain name registration information.
- For more information about WHOIS lookup results, see FAQ about the Temporary Specification of ICANN and adjustments of the WHOIS output.