Before using a domain name, you can first register it on the Alibaba Cloud platform.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud console, and go to the Domain Name Registration page.
- Enter a domain name in the search box and click Find A Domain.
- Select a domain name from the search results and click Add to cart.
- Select the domain name you want to buy in Shopping cart, and select Duration of Registration. Then click Bulk Purchase.
- Go to the Confirm Order page to add the information of the domain name registrant.
Note If you register a .cn domain name and have completed real-name authentication for your selected registrant profile template, you do not need to implement real-name authentication for this domain name after it has been registered. If you have not completed real-name authentication for your selected registrant profile template, see Real-name authentication for .cn domain names to complete real-name authentication as soon as possible after this .cn domain name has been registered.
- Select the terms of service, and click Pay.
- Make sure that the domain name information is correct. Then select a payment method and click Pay.
The processes for registering a premium domain name and a generic domain name are similar. For more information, see Register a premium domain name described in this topic.
What to do next
If the domain name that you have registered uses the .cn top-level domain (TLD), you must complete the real-name authentication process for this domain name. Otherwise, this domain name will become inaccessible. For more information, see Real-name authentication for .cn domain names.