Alibaba Cloud provides rich domain name registration services. You can register a domain name on the Alibaba Cloud Domains service platform.
- If the domain name that you want to register has been registered, you can choose a domain name with another suffix for registration. For example, if the forexample.com domain name has been registered, you can choose a domain name that uses another suffix, such as forexample.net, forexample.info, or forexample.xin.
- The procedure for registering a premium domain name is similar to that for registering a generic domain name. You can register a premium domain name by following the steps described in this topic.
- Search for a domain name.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud console and go to the Domain Name Registration page.
- Enter a domain name and click Find A Domain.
- Select a suffix from the drop-down list and click Search.
- If the status of a domain name appears as Taken in the search results, the domain name has been registered by another user. In this case, choose another domain name or suffix for registration.
- If the status of a domain name does not appear as Taken, the domain name is not registered. In this case, you can add the domain name to the shopping cart for registration.
- Select a domain name from the search results and click Add to cart.
- Find a domain name that is not in the Taken state and click Add to cart.
- Go to the shopping cart, select the target domain name and registration period, and then click Buy Now.
- On the page that appears, add the information about the domain name registrant and
confirm the terms of service.
- On the Confirm Order page, add the information about the domain name registrant by using one of the following
Note If you are register a .cn domain name and you have completed real-name verification for the registrant specified in the selected profile, no further real-name verification is required after the registration. If you have not completed real-name verification for the registrant specified in the selected template, you need to complete the verification as soon as possible after the registration. For more information, see Real-name verification for .cn domain names.
- If you have created a registrant profile, directly select the profile.
- If you have not created a registrant profile or you want to add a new domain name registrant, click Create Registrant Profile to create a new profile. After you create the registrant profile, select it on the Confirm Order page.
- Read and agree to the terms of service, and then click Pay.
- On the Confirm Order page, add the information about the domain name registrant by using one of the following methods:
- Complete the payment.
Verify that the domain name information is correct, select a payment method, and then click Pay.
For more information about domain name registration, see FAQ about domain name registration.
What to do next
After you register a .cn domain name, you need to submit the same information as that for domain name registration to implement real-name verification. Otherwise, the domain name does not work. For more information, see Real-name verification for .cn domain names.