A deleted SSH key pair cannot be restored. However, instances that use the deleted SSH key pair are not affected. The deleted SSH key pair name is still displayed on the instance details page.
- If you delete a key pair that is bound to an instance, the name of the deleted key pair will no longer be available to create or import key pairs. If you use the name of the deleted key pair to create or import a key pair, the console will report that the key pair already exists.
- If you delete a key pair that is not bound to an instance, the name of the deleted key pair will still be available to create or import key pairs.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Select one or more SSH key pairs.
- Click Delete.