Before uploading any file to the OSS, you need to create a bucket to store files. A bucket needs to be configured with various attributes, including its geographic region, access permission, and other metadata.
- Go to the OSS Console.
- Click Overview > Create Bucket to open the Create Bucket dialog box.
- In the Bucket Name text box, enter the bucket name. The bucket name must comply with the naming rules and must be unique among all existing bucket names in Alibaba Cloud OSS. The bucket name cannot be changed after being created. For more information about bucket naming, refer to Basic OSS concepts.
- In the Region drop-down box, select the data center of the bucket. The region cannot be changed after being subscribed. To access the OSS through the ECS intranet, you can select the same region with your ECS. For more information about regions, refer to Basic OSS concepts.
- In the ACL drop-down box, select an access permission option for the bucket. After creating a bucket, you can set bucket attributes to modify the access permission of the bucket. For more information about access permission, refer to Basic OSS concepts.
- Private: Only the owner of the bucket can perform read/write operations on the files in the bucket. Other people cannot access the files.
- Public Read: Only the owner of the bucket can perform write operations on the files in the bucket, while anyone (including anonymous users) can perform read operations on the files.
- Public Read/Write: Anyone (including anonymous users) can perform read and write operations on the files in the bucket. The fees incurred by these operations will be borne by the owner of the bucket. Select this option with caution.
- Click Submit to create the bucket.