A bucket is a container that stores objects. Before you upload an object to OSS, you must create a bucket.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click Create Bucket.You can also click Overview. Click Create Bucket in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Bucket pane, set the parameters.
Parameter Description Bucket Name Set the name of the bucket. The name cannot be changed after the bucket is created. Naming conventions:
- The bucket name must be globally unique in Alibaba Cloud OSS.
- The name can contain only lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-).
- The name must start and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
- The name must be 3 to 63 bytes in length.
Region Select the region for the bucket. The region cannot be changed after the bucket is created. To access OSS from an ECS instance over the internal network, select the region in which the ECS instance is located. For more information, see OSS domain names.Note If the bucket is located in mainland China, you must complete real-name registration by submitting your relevant information on the Real-name Registration page. Storage Class Select the storage class for the bucket.
- Standard: provides highly reliable, highly available, and high-performance object storage services that can handle frequent data access. Standard is suitable to store images for social networking and sharing applications and data for audio and video applications, large websites, and big data analytics.
- IA: provides highly durable object storage services at low costs. Objects of the IA storage class have a minimum storage period of 30 days and a minimum billable size of 64 KB. You can access objects of the IA storage class in real time. You are charged for the data retrieval. IA applies to scenarios where stored data is infrequently accessed (once or twice each month).
- Archive: provides highly durable object storage services at costs lower than Standard and IA. Objects of the Archive storage class have a minimum storage period of 60 days and a minimum billable size of 64 KB. You must restore an object of the Archive storage class before you can access it. The restoration takes about one minute, and you are charged for the data retrieval. Archive is suitable for data that you want to store for a long period of time such as archival data, medical images, scientific materials, and video footage.
- Cold Archive: provides highly durable object storage services at the lowest cost of the four storage
classes. Objects of the Cold Archive storage class have a minimum storage period of
180 days and a minimum billable size of 64 KB. You must restore an object of the Cold
Archive storage class before you can access it. The time required to restore an Cold
Archive object depends on the object size and restore mode. You are charged for the
data retrieval when you restore a Cold Archive object. Cold Archive is suitable to
store extremely cold data that you want to store for an ultra-long period. Such data
includes data that must be retained for an extended period of time due to compliance
requirements, raw data that is accumulated over an extended period of time in the
big data and AI fields, media resources that are retained in the film and television
industries, and archived videos from the online education industry.
Note The Cold Archive storage class is in public preview in the Australia (Sydney), Singapore, US (Silicon Valley), Germany (Frankfurt), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Indonesia (Jakarta), India (Mumbai), and China (Hong Kong) regions. You can contacttechnical support to apply for a trial.
For more information, see Overview.
Zone-redundant Storage For buckets in Singapore, China (Shenzhen), China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), and China (Shanghai) regions, you can select whether to enable zone-redundant storage (ZRS).
- Enable: After ZRS is enabled, OSS backs up your data to three zones within the same region.
If the storage class of the bucket is Standard, the objects in the bucket are Standard
(ZRS) objects by default. For more information, see Zone-redundant storage.
Notice This feature incurs extra costs and cannot be disabled after it is enabled. Exercise caution when you enable this feature.
- Disable: After ZRS is disabled, the redundancy type of the objects in the bucket is locally redundant storage (LRS). If the storage class of the bucket is Standard, the objects in the bucket are Standard (LRS) objects by default.
Versioning Select whether to enable versioning.
- Enable: When versioning is enabled for a bucket, an object that is overwritten or deleted is saved as a previous version of the object. Versioning allows you to restore objects in a bucket to any previous point in time, and protects your data from being accidentally overwritten or deleted. For more information, see Overview.
- Disable: disables versioning.
Access Control List (ACL) Select the bucket ACL.
- Private: Only the bucket owner can perform read and write operations on objects in the bucket. Other users cannot access the objects in the bucket.
- Public Read: Only the bucket owner can perform write operations on objects in the bucket. Other
users, including anonymous users, can perform only read operations on the objects
in the bucket.
Warning All Internet users can access objects in the bucket. This may cause unexpected access to the data in your bucket, and cause an increase in your fees. Exercise caution when you set your bucket ACL to Public Read.
- Public Read/Write: All users, including anonymous users, can perform read and write operations on objects
in the bucket.
Warning All Internet users can access objects in the bucket and write data to the bucket. This may cause unwanted access to the data in your bucket, and cause an increase in your fees. If a user uploads prohibited data or information, it may affect your legitimate interests and rights. Therefore, we recommend that you do not set your bucket ACL to Public Read/Write except in special cases.
Encryption Method Select whether to enable server-side encryption.
- Encryption Method: Select an encryption method for the object.
- None: disables server-side encryption.
- OSS-Managed: uses keys managed by OSS for encryption. OSS uses data keys to encrypt objects and manages the data keys. In addition, OSS uses master keys that are regularly rotated to encrypt data keys.
- KMS: uses the default CMK stored in KMS or a specified CMK ID to encrypt and decrypt data. For more information about KMS-based encryption, see Implement server-side encryption with CMKs stored in KMS (SSE-KMS).
- Encryption algorithm:Only AES-256 is supported.
- CMK: You can configure this parameter if you select KMS in the Encryption Method section. You can configure the following parameters for a CMK:
- alias/acs/oss: The default CMK stored in KMS is used to encrypt different objects and decrypt the objects when they are downloaded.
- CMK ID: The keys generated by a specified CMK are used to encrypt different objects and the specified CMK ID is recorded in the metadata of the encrypted object. Objects are decrypted when they are downloaded by users who are granted decryption permissions. Before you specify a CMK ID, you must create a normal key or an external key in the same region as the bucket in the KMS console.
Real-time Log Query Select whether to enable real-time log query for OSS.
- Enable: enables real-time log query for OSS. OSS uses Log Service to provide real-time OSS log queries for the last seven days free of charge. After this feature is enabled, you can query and analyze records of access to objects in OSS buckets by using the OSS console in real time. For more information, see Real-time log query.
- Disable: disables real-time log query.
Scheduled Backup Select whether to create a scheduled backup plan to back up your OSS data by using Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR).
Notice If you do not enable HBR or authorize HBR to access OSS, you fail to create a scheduled backup plan. For more information, see Configure scheduled backup.
- Enable: After scheduled backup is enabled, OSS creates a backup plan to back up data once a day and retain the backup files for one week. You can choose to view the backup plan that is created.
- Disable: creates no scheduled backup plans.
- Click OK.