- User domain name (also called custom domain name or self-hosted domain name): indicates the domain name that you buy from a domain name provider.
- OSS domain name (also called bucket domain name): indicates the domain name that OSS assigns to your bucket. You can use this domain name to access the resources in your bucket. To access an OSS bucket by using your user domain name, you must attach the user domain name to the OSS domain name of the bucket, that is, add a CNAME record in the Domain Name System (DNS) of Alibaba Cloud.
- Alibaba Cloud CDN domain name: indicates the CDN acceleration domain name that Alibaba Cloud Content Distribution Network (CDN) assigns to your user domain name. To use the CDN acceleration service to access the resources in your bucket, you must attach your user domain name to a CDN acceleration domain name, that is, add a CNAME record in the DNS of Alibaba Cloud.
- Auto CDN cache update: If you modify an object in your bucket but the object cache on the CDN node does not expire, users can only access the object that is not modified. In this case, you must manually update the object cache on the CDN node. To simplify operations, OSS provides the auto CDN cache update function. After you enable this function, all modifications on the objects in your bucket are automatically updated to the CDN node. For more information, see Enable auto CDN cache update.
For example, you have a website with the domain name
img.abc.com, and the website contains a picture with the following URL:
http://img.abc.com/logo.png. For easier management, you want to redirect all access requests for the picture to OSS without code modifying the code, that is, keep the URL of the picture unchanged. In this case, you can attach a custom domain name to your bucket. To do so, follow these steps:
- Create a bucket named abc-img, and upload the picture to the bucket.
- Attach the custom domain name
img.abc.comto the bucket abc-img through the OSS console.
- After the custom domain name
img.abc.comis attached to the bucket abc-img, OSS maps the domain name to the bucket.
- Add a CNAME rule on your DNS server to map the custom domain name
abc-img.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.com(the OSS domain name of the bucket abc-img).
- After receiving a request for
http://img.abc.com/logo.png, OSS redirects the request to the bucket abc-img based on the mapping relationship between
img.abc.comand abc-img. That is, users who access the picture with the URL
http://img.abc.com/logo.pngare redirected to the following URL:
The following table describes the access processes before and after you attach the custom domain name.
|Before attaching the custom domain name||After attaching the custom domain name|