The sender address refers to the sender mail account displayed when you send a mail through the DirectMail platform. You can also set the reply-to address to receive replies. You can also set the SMTP password to enable the SMTP send feature of the sender address.
- Log on to the DirectMail console.
- Click Sender Addresses in the left-side navigation pane to go to the Sender Addresses page.
- Click Create Sender Address button on the page.
- Input all the required information in the pop-up dialog, and click OK.
Create different sender addresses separately for trigger mails and batch mails.
You should select Trigger Mail or Batch Mail based on your business types. Different mail types match different mail policies. Normative usage of the mail account can improve the credit rating of your sender address at recipients and increase the mail arrival rate.
The reply-to address is used to receive replies.
A functioning mail address should be filled in as the return address. If no reply-to address is provided, you will be unable to receive replies.
Note: If the SMTP interface is called for sending the mail, the reply-to address provided here will not be obtained. You need to specify the “Reply To” value in the SMTP calling program.
The reply-to address will not be available until the verification is passed.
- Click Verify the Return Address action of the sender address on the Sender Addresses page.
- Click Confirm on the pop-up dialog, and the verification mail will be sent to the mail address you set as the reply-to address.
- Log on to the mailbox to verify the address according to the prompts in the mail.
Note: You must complete the reply-to address verification within 10 minutes after triggering the verification procedure, because the verification link in the verification mail is valid for 10 minutes. You can click the Verify the Return Address action every 10 minutes.
You can enable the SMTP send feature by setting an SMTP password for the mail address.
- Click the Set SMTP Password action of the sender address on the Sender Addresses page.
- Set the password in the pop-up dialog, and click OK.
Note: You must set an SMTP password for the newly created sender address. Otherwise the SMTP send feature will not be available.