This topic describes how to view ECS instances that have been added to a scaling group.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details
page of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- The Auto Created tab shows ECS instances that are automatically created by Auto Scaling. You can change the status of an instance, remove it from the scaling group, or release it. If an automatically created instance is considered unhealthy, it will be removed from the scaling group and released.
- The Manually Added tab shows ECS instances that are manually added. You can change the status of an
instance or remove it from the scaling group. If a manually added instance is not
in the Running state, the instance is considered unhealthy and will be removed from the scaling
group. Whether manually added ECS instances are released when they are removed from a scaling
group depends on their management mode:
- If the lifecycle of the instances is not managed by the scaling group, the instances are removed from the scaling group but not released.
- If the lifecycle of the instances is managed by the scaling group, the instances are removed from the scaling group and released.