You can attach tags to the following resources in the ECS console: ECS instance, storage, snapshot, image, and security group.
Before you attach tags, note the following limits:
- Each tag has a key-value pair.
- You can attach and detach a maximum of 20 tags (separately or at one time) to each resource.
- Each tag key of a resource must be unique. A tag with the same key as a newly created tag will be overwritten by the new tag.
- Tag information is not shared across regions. For example, tags created in China East 1 (Hangzhou) are invisible to China East 2 (Shanghai).
- If a tag is detached and no longer attached to any other resource, the tag is automatically deleted.