This topic describes how to delete security groups that are no longer needed. When a security group is deleted, its rules are also deleted.
- The security group to be deleted does not contain any ECS instances. If the security group to be deleted contains any ECS instances, you must remove the instances from the security group. For more information, see Remove an instance from a security group.
- The security group to be deleted is not authorized by security group rules of other security groups. You can delete a security group directly by following the steps described in this topic. If the security group is authorized by security group rules of other security groups, the error message as shown in the following figure is displayed. You must delete those rules before you can delete the security group.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Security Groups page, select one or more security groups and click Delete in the lower part of the security group list.
- In the Delete Security Group message that appears, confirm the information and click OK.