This topic describes how to restart an instance through the ECS console. You can also choose to call the RebootInstance API action.
- Only instances in the Running state can be restarted.
- When you restart an instance, the instance is stopped. As a result, services provided by the instance are disrupted.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select the target region.
- Find the target instance, and then choose Actions column.
To restart multiple instances, select all required instances and then click Restart at the bottom of the instance list.
- In the displayed Restart Instance dialog box, select a Restart Mode, and then click OK.
Related API: RebootInstance