This topic describes how to upgrade the specifications of an ApsaraDB for MyBase instance to improve overall performance for short-term use. This helps you handle traffic spikes during events, such as 6.18 Midyear Shopping Festival and Double 11. For example, you can increase the number of CPU cores and the amount of memory for your instance.
ApsaraDB for MyBase provides the elastic scaling feature. You can use this feature to increase the CPU cores, memory, and other resources for an ApsaraDB for MyBase instance for a specified short period of time. This improves the overall performance of the instance for short-term use. When the specified period of time ends, the system restores your instance to the specifications before the temporary upgrade.
- Temporary upgrades do not cause service interruptions or other negative effects.
- You must wait approximately 2 minutes for the temporary upgrade to take effect.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the RDS Dedicated Clusters page, select the region where the instance that you want to upgrade is deployed.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. On the page that appears, find the instance that you want to upgrade, and choose
in the Actions column.
- In the Elastic Configuration panel, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Instance Information The basic information about the instance. You can view the following information:
- Instance ID
- Maximum Connections
Resource Type The type of the resource that you want to upgrade. You can select one of the following resource types:
Set up resources The quantity of the resource after the upgrade. The resource is specified in the Resource Type parameter. Deadline of temporary dispatching The time when the resource restores to the specification before the upgrade. Restore to specification original configuration Specifies whether to cancel upgrading the resource that you select. If you want to cancel upgrading the specified resource, click the check box for this resource.Note Skip this parameter if you do not need to cancel upgrading the specified resource.Note The parameters for elastic scaling vary based on the database engine. You can view the parameters in the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- Click OK to complete the scaling configuration.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes for the temporary upgrade to take effect. Then, click
the ID of the instance. On the Basic Information page, navigate to the Instance Resources section and view the new resource specifications.