This topic describes how to share a custom image to Elastic Compute Service (ECS). When your application server configurations cannot meet your business requirements or you want to use ECS instances to deploy your business, you can share custom images to ECS.
A custom image is created. For more information, see Create a custom image.
The region where the shared image resides in ECS is the same as where the custom image resides in Simple Application Server.
- Log on to the Simple Application Server console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Mirror List.
- Find the custom image that you want to share to ECS and click Share to ECS in the Operation column.
When the following changes occur on the information displayed in the Operation column, the custom image is shared:
- Share to ECS changes to Cancel sharing to ECS.
- Create ECS can be clicked to create ECS instances.
What to do next
- (Recommended) In the ECS console, copy the shared custom image and use the copied image to create ECS instances or replace operating systems of existing ECS instances. For more information, see Copy a custom image.
Note After an application server is released on expiry, its corresponding snapshots and the custom images are also released. To prevent shared images from being removed because the corresponding custom images are released or unshared, we recommend that you copy the shared images to store them in ECS.
- On the Mirror List page, find the shared image and click Create ECS in the Operation column. For information about how to create an ECS instance, see Create an ECS instance by using a custom image.