When you create a cloud desktop, you must configure the billing method, workspace, users, security policy, and desktop template. This topic describes how to create a cloud desktop.
- A workspace and a regular user are created. For more information, see the following
- Convenience account: Create a workspace of the convenience account type and Create or import a convenience user.
- Active Directory (AD) account: Create a workspace of the enterprise AD account type and Create AD users.
- A desktop template is created, or an existing desktop template is selected. For more information about how to create a desktop template, see Create a desktop template.
- A policy is created, or an existing policy is selected. For more information about how to create a policy, see Create policies.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Create Cloud Desktop.
- On the Elastic Desktop Service Create Desktop page, set the parameters for the cloud
desktop. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Billing Method The billing method of the cloud desktop.
- Subscription: a billing method in which you pay for cloud desktop resources before you use them. This method offers discounts and allows you to reserve resources in advance.
- Pay-as-you-go: a billing method in which you pay for cloud desktop resources after you use them. You are charged based on the actual usage duration.
For more information, see Billing overview.
Name The name of the cloud desktop. For information about the naming conventions, see the description of this parameter. Workspace The workspace to which the cloud desktop belongs. User The regular user to whom you want to assign the cloud desktop. You can select one or more regular users. Tag The tag used to identify resources and manage cloud desktops by group. Tags can help facilitate searching and batch operations. A tag is a key-value pair that consists of a tag key and a tag value. You can add tags to cloud desktops. For more information, see Use tags to manage cloud desktops. Security Policy The policy that specifies user permissions to ensure data security. The configurations in a policy include USB redirection, read and write permissions on disks and clipboards, and watermarks. Templates The template used to create the cloud desktop. A desktop template defines the desktop specifications (vCPUs, memory, and sizes of system and data disks) and image information (the type of the operating system). Quantity The number of cloud desktops that you want to create. You can create up to 20 cloud desktops at a time.Note When you purchase multiple cloud desktops, the system adds an incremental suffix to the desktop names based on the purchased quantity. For example, if you set Name to test and Quantity to 3, the names of your purchased cloud desktops are test001, test002, and test003. Duration This parameter is required if Billing Method is set to Subscription. Auto-renewal You can select Enable Auto-renewal if Billing Method is set to Subscription. You cannot manually specify the renewal period. The renewal period of yearly subscription cloud desktops is one year, and that of monthly subscription cloud desktops is one month.
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- On the Elastic Desktop Service Create Desktop page, confirm the configurations of the cloud desktop and click Create Order.
- Complete the payment if you set Billing Method to Subscription.