This topic describes how to create a cloud desktop. When you create a cloud desktop, you must select the billing method, workspace type, users, security policy, and desktop template.
- A workspace and a regular user are created. For more information about accounts, see
the following references:
- Convenience account: Create a workspace of the convenience account type and Create a convenience user.
- Enterprise Active Directory (AD) account: Create a workspace of the enterprise AD account type and Create AD users.
- A cloud desktop template is created, or an existing cloud desktop template is used. For more information about how to create a cloud desktop template, see Create a desktop template.
- A policy is created, or an existing policy is used. For more information about how to create a policy, see Create a policy.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- On the Cloud Desktops page, click Create Cloud Desktop.
- On the page that appears, configure the parameters for the cloud desktop. The following table describes the related parameters.
Parameter Description Payment type The billing method of the cloud desktop.
- Subscription: a billing method in which you pay for cloud desktop resources before you use them. This method offers discounts and allows you to reserve cloud desktop resources in advance.
- Pay-as-you-go: a billing method that allows you to pay for cloud desktop resources after you use them. You are charged based on the usage duration.
For more information, see Billing overview.
Name The name of the cloud desktop. You can follow the on-screen prompt to enter the name. Select region The region where the workspace resides. Workspace Select the workspace to which the cloud desktop belongs. The system assigns an IP address from the CIDR block of the secure office network that the workspace uses to the cloud desktop. Number of cloud desktops purchased The number of desktops that you want to purchase. The following modes are supported:
Note When you purchase multiple cloud desktops, the system adds an incremental suffix to the cloud desktop names based on the number of purchased cloud desktops. For example, if you set Name to test and Quantity to 3, the names of your purchased cloud desktops are test001, test002, and test003.
- Specify Per-user Quantity
You can select users to whom you want to assign cloud desktops and set the number of cloud desktops for each user. For example, if you select User A and User B and retain the default value to create one cloud desktop for each of them, the system creates two cloud desktops and assigns Desktop 1 to User A and Desktop 2 to User B.
- Specify Quantity
You can customize the number of cloud desktops to purchase. However, the system does not assign cloud desktops to your users. After cloud desktops are created, you can assign the cloud desktops to your users. For more information, see Assign cloud desktops to regular users and view the regular users to whom the cloud desktops are assigned.
Tag The tag used to identify resources and manage cloud desktops by group. Tags help you search for and perform batch operations on cloud desktops. A tag is a key-value pair that consists of a tag key and a tag value. You can add tags to cloud desktops. For more information, see Use tags to manage cloud desktops. Security Policy The policy used to specify user permissions for higher security. The configurations in a policy include USB redirection, and read and write permissions on disks and clipboards. For more information, see Policy overview. Desktop Templates The template used to create the cloud desktop. A desktop template defines the desktop specifications (vCPUs, memory, GPUs, and sizes of system and data disks) and image information (the OS type). You can select a system template or custom template based on your business requirements. Duration This parameter is required if Billing Method is set to Subscription. Auto-renewal You can select Enable Auto-renewal if Billing Method is set to Subscription. If you select Enable Auto-renewal, the auto-renewal cycle is one month. You cannot change the auto-renewal cycle in this step.Note You can change the auto-renewal cycle on the Renewal page only after you enable auto-renewal and create the cloud desktop. For more information, see Renew a subscription cloud desktop.
- Confirm the configuration fees and click Confirm Order.
- On the Elastic Desktop Service Create Desktop page, confirm the configurations of the cloud desktop and click Create Order.
- If Billing Method is set to Subscription, you must complete the payment before you can proceed.