You must create instances in your ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster before you use the features of ApsaraDB for MyBase. The system creates the instances on the hosts in the dedicated cluster based on the specified resource allocation policy.
Hosts that use the PostgreSQL database engine are created. For more information about how to create hosts, see Add hosts to a MyBase for PostgreSQL dedicated cluster.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
Supported database engine versions and instance editions
- PostgreSQL 13, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 12, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 11, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 10, High-availability Edition
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the deployment region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances. On the page that appears, click Create Instance.
- In the panel that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Database Engine The database engine is PostgreSQL and cannot be changed. Current Version The version of the database engine that the instance runs. Edition The edition of the instance. You can select only High Availability Edition .Note To create a High Availability Edition instance, make sure that at least two hosts are created. Storage Type The storage type of the instance. Only enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) are supported.Note
- You can select the PL2 ESSD or PL3 ESSD storage type. A higher performance level indicates better performance. For more information, see ESSDs.
- You can select Disk Encryption to encrypt and secure data. For more information, see Disk encryption.
- You can create an instance that uses a specific type of storage only if the dedicated cluster contains at least two hosts that use the same type of storage.
VSwitch Specify the vSwitch to which the instance is connected.Note This parameter does not appear if all the hosts are in the same zone. Instance Type The specifications of the instance. Storage Capacity The storage capacity of enhanced SSDs. Billing Method Only the pay-as-you-go billing method is available. The subscription billing method is not supported.Note We recommend that you purchase a storage plan to reduce storage costs. For more information, see Storage plans.Note If you set Storage Type to Enhanced SSD (Recommended), complete the payment on the page that appears.
- Click Create Now.