This topic describes how to add a measure.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click the Workspace tab. In the left-side navigation pane, click Datasets.
- On the Datasets page, click the name of the target dataset to go to the dataset edit page.You can also find the target dataset and click the icon in the Actions column.
- In the Measures list, click the icon next to a field and select Create Calculated Field (Measures).You can also click the icon next to Measures.
- In the Edit Calculated Field (Mea.) dialog box, configure the calculated field.If you want to calculate the average order price within a specific period of time, you can add a field Average_order_price and configure a calculation function.Note When you edit an expression, take note of the following points:
- After you enter a left bracket ([), a measure list appears for you to select the required measure.
- The syntax of MySQL functions is used.
- The brackets entered in the Expression field must be half-width brackets.
- If the expression of the new field contains an aggregate function such as SUM, COUNT, AVG, COUNT DISTINCT, MAX, or MIN, the icon appears as the field identifier.
- After the configuration is completed, click OK.
- Click Save.Note If aggregate functions, such as SUM, COUNT, AVG, COUNT DISTINCT, MAX, or MIN are used, the field is identified with the icon. Such a field cannot be previewed in the dataset. After you create dashboards by using the dataset, this field can be previewed in the dashboards.