This topic describes how to bring your public IP address range from your on-premises network to Alibaba Cloud.
- You can only bring IP addresses in regions of North America, Asia Pacific, Europe,
and Australia to Alibaba Cloud. Regions in mainland China are not supported. The following
table lists the regions where you can bring your local public IP address range of
the following regions to the cloud:
Area Region North America US (Silicon Valley) and US (Virginia) Asia Pacific China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Japan (Tokyo), Indonesia (Jakarta), and India (Mumbai) Europe Germany (Frankfurt) and UK (London) Australia Australia (Sydney)
- You can bring only public IPv4 addresses to Alibaba Cloud.
- The public IP address range must be registered with a Regional Internet Registry (RIR).
- The minimum prefix length of the IP address range must be /23.
- The waiting time of withdrawing a public IP address range:
You can withdraw a public IP address range after requesting Alibaba Cloud to stop advertising the IP address range on the Internet. This may take up to 30 days.
- The waiting time of bringing a public IP address range to the cloud:
You can bring a public IP address range to Alibaba Cloud after authorizing Alibaba Cloud to advertise the IP address range on the Internet. This may take up to 30 days.
Step 1: Update the routing information
You must go to the corresponding Regional Internet Registry (RIR) platform to update the routing information of the public IP address range by changing the ASN of the IP address to AS45102.
The following example shows how to modify the ASN of an IP address range registered with RIPE.
- Log on to RIPE NCC Webupdates.
- Select route from the Object type drop-down list, and then click Create.
- On the Create "route" object page, select a role and maintainer pair from the drop-down list.
- In the Password authentication field, enter the password and then click Submit.
- Configure the route reflector (RR) based on the following information, and then click
Parameter Description route Enter the public IP address range. origin Enter the ASN. Enter value AS45102 in this example.After you configure the route reflector, you can go to RADB to check whether the configuration takes effect.
Step 2: Apply for bringing the public IP address range to Alibaba Cloud
- The public IP address range.
- The region where the public IP address range is to be used.
- The updated routing information of the IP address range.
Step 3: Apply for a specified Elastic IP address
After you complete the preceding task, Alibaba Cloud will advertise the public IP address range from the specified region, and assign you a dedicated Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN). You will obtain the SPIN within 20 working days. After you obtain the SPIN, you can go to the buy page to apply for a specified Elastic IP address. For more information, see Create an Elastic IP address.