This topic describes how to remove an ECS instance from the Standby state. You can remove an instance from the Standby state to reuse it.
After an ECS instance is removed from the Standby state:
- The ECS instance enters the In Service state.
- If an SLB instance is associated with the scaling group to which the ECS instance belongs, the ECS instance is added to the backend server group of the associated SLB instance again. By default, the SLB weight value of the instance is 50.
- When the ECS instance is stopped or restarted, its health status is updated.
- Auto Scaling continues to manage the lifecycle of the ECS instance, and can remove the ECS instance from the scaling group during a scale-in event.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the target scaling group and use one of the following methods to open the details
page of the scaling group:
- Click the ID of the scaling group in the Scaling Group Name/ID column.
- Click Manage in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- Select the source of an ECS instance.
- To select an automatically created ECS instance, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select a manually added ECS instance, click the Manually Added tab.
- Use one of the following methods to remove one or more ECS instances from the Standby
- Find the ECS instance that you want to remove from the Standby state and click Remove from Standby in the Actions column.
- Select multiple ECS instances that you want to remove from the Standby state and click Remove from Standby in the lower part of the ECS Instances page.
- In the message that appears, click OK.