This topic describes how to remove an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance from the Standby state. You can remove an instance from the Standby state to reuse it.
- The ECS instance enters the InService state.
- If a Server Load Balancer (SLB) instance has been attached to the scaling group to which the ECS instance belongs, the ECS instance is added to the back-end server group of the SLB instance again. The back-end server weight of the ECS instance is 50 by default.
- When the ECS instance is stopped or restarted, its health status is updated.
- Auto Scaling continues to manage the lifecycle of the ECS instance, and can remove the ECS instance from the scaling group in a scaling activity.
- Log on to the Auto Scaling console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Scaling Groups.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- You can use either of the following methods to open the details page of a scaling
- In the Scaling Group Name/ID column, click a scaling group name.
- Click Manage in the Actions column corresponding to a scaling group.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click ECS Instances.
- Select the source of the ECS instance.
- To select an automatically created ECS instance, click the Auto Created tab.
- To select a manually added ECS instance, click the Manually Added tab.
- Remove one or more ECS instances from the Standby state.
- To remove a single ECS instance from the Standby state, find the target ECS instance and choose Actions column. in the
- To remove multiple ECS instances from the Standby state at the same time, select the target ECS instances and click Remove from Standby State under the ECS instance list.
- Click OK.