This topic describes how to create an automatic snapshot policy in the ECS console.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Snapshots page, click the Automatic Snapshot Policies tab.
- In the upper-right corner of the Automatic Snapshot Policies page, click Create Policy.
- In the Create Policy dialog box that appears, configure the following parameters as prompted.
- Name: specifies the policy name.
- Executed At: Select one or more points in time from 00:00 to 23:00.
Note Creating a snapshot may temporarily reduce the I/O performance of a block storage device by about 10%. We recommend that you create snapshots during off-peak hours.
- Execution Frequency: Select one or more days of the week.
- Keep Snapshots: specifies the number of days to retain the snapshot. Valid values: 1 to 65,536. Default value: 30. If you select Always Keep and the maximum number of snapshots is reached, the system will delete the earliest automatic snapshot.
- Click OK.
What to do next
We recommend that you specify cloud disks to execute an automatic snapshot policy immediately after the policy is created. Click Apply Policy in the Actions column corresponding to the new policy to go to the Create Automatic Snapshot Policy page. For more information, see Apply or disable an automatic snapshot policy.