This topic describes a Sankey diagram, including its overview, application example, configuration style as well as how to delete a Sankey diagram.
A Sankey diagram is a flow diagram in which the branch width is proportional to the flow rate. It shows the data flow between two groups of values. It is ideal for visualization analysis of energy, material composition, and finance data.
- For a Sankey diagram, you can specify two to five dimensions for the node category (dimension) axis, such as province and product type. Whereas, you can specify up to one measure for the value axis, such as order quantity.
- Sankey diagrams do not support advanced filter interaction.
Application example of a Sankey diagram
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
Find the company_sales_record dataset, and click the icon in the Actions column corresponding to the dataset.Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to choose Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. The following example uses Standard as the dashboard type.
- Click the icon. A Sankey diagram appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- In the Dimensions list, find and add the area and order_level fields to Node Type (Dimensions).
- In the Measures list, find and add the order_number field to Node Height (Measures).
- Click Update. The system updates the chart.
- On the Style tab, configure basic information, chart type, and series settings.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure settings on the Style tab
In the Basic Information section, configure the title, whether to show the link, and background color.
This example uses Light Color (Default) as the background color.Note If you want to redirect to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
- In the Chart Type section, set Show Labels and Line Style.
- In the Series Settings section, set Alias and Data Display Format for the measure.
In this example, the default data display format AutoFit is used.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the chart.
- Select Delete.