This topic provides an overview of sankey diagrams and an example on how to use sankey diagrams. This topic also describes how to configure sankey diagram styles and how to delete a sankey diagram. Sankey diagrams are available only in workspaces of Quick BI Pro and Quick BI Enterprise Standard editions.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
A sankey diagram visualizes data flow branches. A larger branch indicates a heavier data traffic. You can use a sankey diagram to analyze various types of business data. For example, you can use a sankey diagram to analyze energy data, material composition, or financial data.
- You can specify 2 to 20 dimensions for Node Type (Dimensions).
- You can specify no more than one measure for Node Height (Measures).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click in the top menu bar and click the Sankey Diagram icon.
- Select dimensions and measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click area, city, order_id, order_level, product_box, product_name, product_sub_type, and product_type. You can also drag these dimensions to the Node Type (Dimensions) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Node Height (Measures) field.
- Click Update to update the sankey diagram.
You can click the icon next to Node Height (Measures) to modify the display name, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information and Chart Style sections.
For more information, see Configure sankey diagram styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure an auto-refresh interval for the diagram.
For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the diagram every 5 minutes.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure sankey diagram styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the sankey diagram, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.
- In the Chart Style section, configure Show Labels and Line Style.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.