A RAM user is an entity that you create in Alibaba Cloud to represent the person or application to interact with Alibaba Cloud. You can create a RAM user and grant it the relevant permissions to access the necessary Alibaba Cloud resources.
- Log on to the RAM console.
- Choose .
- Click Create User, and enter the logon name and display name.
Note You can click Add User to create multiple RAM users at a time.
- Select an access mode. The available access modes are Console Password Logon and Programmatic Access.
Note We recommend that you set only one access mode for the user to maintain the security of your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Console Password Logon: If you select this check box, you must also complete the basic security settings for logon, including deciding whether to automatically generate a password or customize the logon password, setting whether the user must reset the password upon the next logon, and setting whether to enable multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Programmatic Access: If you select this check box, an access key is automatically created for the RAM user. The user can access Alibaba Cloud resources by calling an API action or by using a development tool.
- Click OK.
What to do next
- You can add the RAM user to one or more RAM user groups and grant permission to the user as needed. For more information, see Add RAM users to a group.
- You can also attach one or more policies to the RAM user to grant the user access permission. For more information, see Grant permission to a RAM user.