This topic describes how to deploy Knative components on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Create a managed ACK cluster.
- Knative 0.14.0 and later versions support only clusters of Kubernetes 1.15 and later. Standard managed Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) clusters, standard dedicated ACK clusters, and serverless Kubernetes (ASK) clusters are supported.
- For standard managed and standard dedicated ACK clusters, they must contain at least three worker nodes.
- Deploy Istio.
To enable Tracing Analysis, you need to set Istio configurations. For more information, see Enable Tracing Analysis on Knative.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Knative Components page, click Deploy in the upper-right corner of the page.
- After you select the Knative components that you need to install, click Deploy.
- Tekton: provides a flexible approach to create images from source code.
- You can use Knative Serving to manage serverless applications. Knative Serving enables automatic scaling for pods where serverless applications are deployed based on Knative events and user requests. If no workload is processed, the number of pods is scaled to zero.
- Knative Eventing: provides event management capabilities, such as producing and consuming events.
- Click Go to Components to view component information.
- Click Go to Applications to view application operations.