This topic descries how to deploy Knative on a Kubernetes cluster that is created with Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK).
- A Kubernetes cluster supported by at least three Worker nodes is created with ACK. For more information, see Create a Kubernetes cluster.
- Istio is deployed on the Kubernetes cluster. For more information, see Deploy Istio on a Kubernetes cluster.
- The Kubernetes cluster must be a standard dedicated or managed cluster that runs on Kubernetes V1.10 and later.
- Log on to the Container Service console.
- In the left-side navigation pane under Container Service-Kubernetes, choose .
- In the upper-right corner, click Deploy.
- Select the required components for Knative as needed, and then click Deploy.
- Bulid : This component is used to obtain the source code of an application from a code repository, compile the code into container images, and then push the images to an image repository.
- Serving: This component can be used to manage serverless workloads. It can work well with the Eventing component. It provides the request-driven capability to auto scale workloads. If no request is needed to be processed, Serving can help to scale workload instances to zero instance.
- Eventing : This component can be used to manage events.
Verify the result
On the Deploy Knative page, verify that Knative is deployed.
- To view component information, click Go to components.
- To view operations related to applications, click Go to applications.