This topic describes how to enable a multi-factor authentication (MFA) device for a RAM user with the Google Authenticator app. After an MFA device is enabled, it provides additional security protection for your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you selected Required for Enable MFA when you modify the logon settings of a RAM user, the user can go to step 5 when the user logs on to the RAM console.
- If you allow a RAM user under your Alibaba Cloud account to manage its own MFA device, the user can also enable an MFA device in the RAM console.
- Choose .
- In the User Logon Name/Display Name column, click the username of the target RAM user.
- In the MFA Device section, click Enable the device.
- Download and install Google Authenticator on your mobile phone.
- For iOS: Install Google Authenticator from the App Store.
- For Android: Install Google Authenticator from the Google Play Store.
Note You need to install a QR code scanner from the Google Play Store for Google Authenticator to identify QR codes.
- Open Google Authenticator.
- Tap BEGIN SETUP.
- Tap Scan barcode and scan the QR code displayed on the Scan the code tab in the console.
- Tap Manual entry, enter the username and key, and then tap the check mark (√) icon.
Note You can obtain the username and key from the Retrieve manually enter information tab in the console.
- On the Scan the code tab, enter the two consecutive verification codes obtained from Google Authenticator
and click Enable.
Note The verification code is refreshed at an interval of 30 seconds.
What to do next
When a RAM user logs on to the RAM console with MFA enabled, the system requires the following two security factors:
- Username and password of the RAM user
- Two consecutive verification codes provided by the MFA device