This topic describes how to configure PrivateZone access. PrivateZone is a VPC-based resolution and management service for private domain names. After you set a PrivateZone access, the Cloud Connect Network (CCN) and Virtual Border Router (VBR) attached to a CEN instance can access the PrivateZone service through CEN.
- Log on to the CEN console.
- Click the ID of the target CEN instance.
- Click the PrivateZone tab, and then click Authorization.
Note You only need to grant permissions to Smart Access Gateway when you configure PrivateZone access for the first time.
- In the Cloud Resource Access Authorization dialogue box, click Confirm Authorization Policy to allow local branches associated with a CCN (a component of Smart Access Gateway)
in the CEN instance to access PrivateZone.
- Click Set Private Zone and then in the Set Private Zone dialog box, set the following parameters.
- Host Region: Select the region to which the VPC configured with the PrivateZone service belongs.
- Host VPC: Select the VPC configured with the PrivateZone service.
The PrivateZone service can be selected only by selecting the VPC in the host region.
- Access region: Select the region where the access is initiated.
- The access region can be the host region or a CCN. The target VBR and CCN network instances in the selected access region must be attached to the CEN instance.
- If you select a CCN whose account is different from that of the VPC or CEN, you must authorize the CCN. For more information, see Grant permissions to CCN.
- Click OK.