By Victor Mak, Alibaba Cloud Solution Architect
COVID-19 has caused unprecedented changes in work culture worldwide. Most people were working from home during the pandemic. Some of them stayed in China and want to access the company's SaaS platform overseas. Alibaba Cloud Smart Access Gateway (SAG) and Cloud Enterprise Network (CEN) provide a one-stop solution to secure, accelerate, and connect your mobile/PC to overseas resources.
Before you begin, make sure of the following:
http://220.127.116.11as an example.
Solution Data Flow:
18.104.22.168IP to the ECS server.
22.214.171.124traffic via the EIP address.
1. You have to create a VPC in the Hong Kong region. In this example, the Hong Kong region uses VPC subnet 10.198.0.0/16. If you don't know how to create a VPC, please refer to the VPC Quick Start helper page.
2. Log on to the CEN console
3. On the Instances page, click Create CEN Instance
4. Fill in the required information, select the VPC in the Hong Kong region you created and click OK:
5. You will see the results listed below:
6. You need to purchase cross-region connection bandwidth to establish a connection between different regions. Click Buy Bandwidth Package (Subscription) under the Bandwidth Packages tab:
7. Select the CEN instance you want to purchase a bandwidth package for and the areas to be interconnected. In this example, we selected Asia Pacific and Mainland China with 2 Mbps Bandwidth and clicked Buy Now:
8. Bind the Bandwidth Package to the CEN instance and click OK:
9. You will see the results listed below. The bandwidth is already associated with the CEN instance:
1. Log on to the Smart Access Gateway console
2. Select Mainland China, go to the Smart Access Gateway app, and click Create SAG app:
3. Select Mainland China and the Number of Client Accounts you want to create. In this example, we used the default value of 10:
4. Before the client can use the Smart Access Gateway app, you need to create a client account. Alibaba Cloud will send the login information to the email address provided:
1. Before the Smart Access Gateway app can bind to the CEN instance, you need to create a CCN instance under the Smart Access Gateway console first. Then, input the CCN instance name and click OK:
2. Once you have created the CCN instance, you need to associate the CCN instance with the Smart Access Gateway app. Then, click Network Configuration.
3. Select the CCN instance and configure the private CIDR Block. In this example, we used
4. Once you have created the CCN Instance, you can bind that CCN instance to the CEN instance:
5. Go to the CEN console and navigate to Region Connections. Then, click Set Region Connection:
6. Configure the Connected Regions and bandwidth. In this example, we used China (Hong Kong) and Mainland China CCN with 2 Mbps bandwidth. Afterward, click OK:
1. Subscribe to the ECS server with a public IP address in the Hong Kong region with the CentOS image. If you don't know how to subscribe to the ECS server, please refer to the ECS Quick Start help page.
2. Log in to the ECS server via SSH and enable IP forwarding:
echo "net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf sysctl -p
3. Install and configure the iptables SANT rules. In this example, we used 10.198.0.50:
yum -y install iptables-services systemctl start iptables systemctl enable iptables iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j SNAT --to-source 10.198.0.50 iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables systemctl restart iptables
4. Verify configuration using the command
iptables -L -n -t nat. You should see a SNAT rule is configured:
5. Log on to the VPC console and go to route tables:
6. Add a static route with the destination
126.96.36.199/32 next-hop and select the ECS instance under Add Route Entry
7. Publish the static route you created above to the CEN
1. You can go to the Alibaba Cloud Document Center to download the latest SAG app client. Currently, we support Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS operating systems.
2. Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the file, you can launch the SAG app client. In this example, I used Mac client:
1. Fill in the login credentials in the SAG app client. The information can be found in the previous email.
2. Once you successfully log on, the first time you need to accept the conditions by clicking Agree.
3. You can click Connect and start the VPN connection
4. Now, you can connect overseas resources with extremely reliable network performance.
Haemi Kim - June 14, 2021
Alibaba Clouder - March 9, 2021
Alibaba Clouder - June 24, 2020
Haemi Kim - June 15, 2021
Alibaba Clouder - May 24, 2019
Alibaba Clouder - April 2, 2020
Connect your business globally with our stable network anytime anywhere.Learn More
This solution helps you improve and secure network and application access performance.Learn More
SmartAG provides an end-to-end cloud deployment solution for connecting hardware and software to Alibaba Cloud.Learn More
A global network for rapidly building a distributed business system and hybrid cloud to help users create a network with enterprise level-scalability and the communication capabilities of a cloud networkLearn More
More Posts by Alibaba Clouder