Alibaba Cloud offers Hybrid Cloud Web Application Firewall (WAF), which is a hybrid cloud solution. The solution allows you to implement comprehensive security control for your web services that are deployed both in and outside the cloud. The solution is suitable for centralized security control in hybrid cloud environments.
Alibaba Cloud provides Hybrid Cloud WAF to help protect and manage web applications in various hybrid cloud environments in a centralized manner. The web applications can be deployed across Alibaba Cloud Public Cloud and data centers and across Alibaba Cloud Public Cloud and third-party clouds. You can use Hybrid Cloud WAF to protect your service traffic that cannot be migrated to the cloud. Hybrid Cloud WAF combines shared and exclusive resources in and outside the cloud and serves as an elastic and efficient system that can protect web applications in a centralized manner.
To protect your web services in hybrid cloud environments, Hybrid Cloud WAF provides the protection capabilities of Alibaba Cloud WAF to your data centers. You can manage protection rules, perform security-related O&M, manage security services, and upgrade systems in the WAF console.
You can deploy Hybrid Cloud WAF in cluster mode or standalone node mode. Hybrid Cloud WAF serves as a reverse proxy to inspect all access requests and forward requests to backend servers. Hybrid Cloud WAF can balance the loads of backend servers. In cluster mode, Hybrid Cloud WAF offers the following benefits: multi-node redundancy, scalability, high performance of WAF, and high service availability.
- Provides a centralized console to perform security O&M and management operations. This reduces O&M costs.
- Synchronizes protection rules and threat intelligence from Alibaba Cloud WAF in real time. This improves the protective effect of your services.
- Obtains the threat intelligence of Alibaba Cloud and leverages the security operations capabilities of Alibaba Cloud. This helps accurately identify and block threats.
- Supports online elastic scale-out. This approach is flexible and controllable, and ensures stable performance.
For more information, see WAF deployment plans and editions.
- In the Web Application Firewall console, deploy a protection cluster for Hybrid Cloud WAF. For more information, see Deploy a protection cluster for Hybrid Cloud WAF.
- In the Web Application Firewall console, add a website to the protection cluster and complete the required configurations. For more information, see Add a website.
Consultation about Hybrid Cloud WAF
If you want to consult about Hybrid Cloud WAF, join the DingTalk group 30472028 and contact Alibaba Cloud technical support.