Tair provides a recycle bin to store instances that are expired, overdue, and released. You can unlock, recreate, or permanently delete Tair instances in the recycle bin.
- When a Tair instance expires or has overdue payments, the instance is handled based on the amount of time elapsed since the expiration date and the billing method of the instance. For more information, see Expiration and overdue payments.
- Pay-as-you-go instances that are manually released are also moved to the recycle bin. These instances are deleted after they are retained in the recycle bin for seven days.
- Log on to the Tair console and go to the Instances page. In the top navigation bar, select the region in which the instance that you want to manage resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Recycle.
- On the Recycle page, perform an operation in the Actions column based on your business requirements. The following table describes instance states and their matched operations.
Operation Description Unlock Renews the instance. After the instance is renewed, it enters the Running state and continues to provide services. Rebuild Restores all data and specific configurations of the instance to a new instance. The following configurations can be restored:
- IP address whitelists. Note The security group settings in the whitelists of the instance cannot be restored. You must reconfigure the security groups. For more information, see Step 2: Configure whitelists.
- The password of the account.
On the buy page, set Set Password to Later.
- Instance name.
On the buy page, leave the Instance Name field empty.
- Port number.
- Parameter settings.
- Backup settings, such as the backup cycle and backup time.
Destroy Deletes the instance and its data backups permanently.Warning After you delete the instance, data in the instance is permanently deleted and can no longer be restored. Proceed with caution.
- IP address whitelists.