You can invite Alibaba Cloud accounts to join your resource directory to manage them in a centralized manner.
Before you initiate an invitation, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- The Alibaba Cloud account that you want to invite does not have a pending invitation. An Alibaba Cloud account that has a pending invitation cannot be invited again.
- Less than 20 invitations are initiated on the current day. A maximum of 20 invitations can be initiated per day.
- Less than 20 invitations are in the Pending Confirmation state. Otherwise, you cannot initiate an invitation.
- Log on to the Resource Management console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Invite Member page, click Invite Member.
- In the Invite Member panel, configure the Account ID/Logon Email parameter. Note If you want to enter the email address of an Alibaba Cloud account, you must enter the email address that you specified when you created the account. You can enter multiple account IDs or email addresses. Separate the account IDs or email addresses with commas (,).
- Configure the Remarks parameter. Note The remarks help the invitee confirm the credibility of the invitation and quickly complete the invitation process.
- Read the risk warning and select the check box.
- Click OK. Note
- If you enter an email address for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address.
- If you enter an account ID for an invitation, the system sends a confirmation email to the email address that is associated with the account.
- If you enter an account ID for an invitation but no email address is associated with the account, the invitee can log on to the Resource Management console to view and process the invitation.
After the invited Alibaba Cloud account joins your resource directory, it becomes a member of the resource directory and is managed by the resource directory.
- By default, the name of the Alibaba Cloud account is used as the display name of the member in the resource directory. You can use the management account of the resource directory to change the display name of the member but cannot change the name of the Alibaba Cloud account.
- The system creates a RAM role named ResourceDirectoryAccountAccessRole for the member and assigns the role to the management account of the resource directory for centralized management.
- You can use the management account of the resource directory to change the location of the member in the resource directory.