This topic describes how to use an Alibaba Cloud account to activate fully managed Flink and the precautions that you need to take note of before you activate the service.
- You have an Alibaba Cloud account. If you do not have an Alibaba Cloud account, create one first.
- The Object Storage Service (OSS) and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) services are activated.
- Fully managed Flink uses an architecture in which computing is decoupled from storage. This service needs to use OSS to store information, such as the uploaded Java Archive (JAR) files, the logs of Flink jobs, and the savepoints or checkpoints that are generated in fully managed Flink jobs. If you have not activated OSS, activate it first. For more information, see Activate OSS.
- For more information about how to activate VPC, see Create a VPC.
Server Load Balancer (SLB) and Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS) are automatically activated when you activate fully managed Flink. For more information about the billing rules of the involved cloud services, see Billing unit and billable items.
- Your Alibaba Cloud account balance has at least USD 100 or the voucher or coupon of the equivalent value before you activate the pay-as-you-go service.
Procedure for activating the service
- Log on to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console.
- In the Fully Managed Flink section, click Purchase.
- On the Authorization Request page, click Authorize in RAM.
- On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy in the lower part of the page. Note By default, the AliyunStreamAsiDefaultRole role is selected.
- On the buy page, enter the configuration information.
Type Configuration item Description Basic Configurations Billing Method The Subscription and Pay-as-you-go billing methods are supported. Subscription period You need to configure this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. Auto-renewal You need to configure this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. After the auto-renewal feature is enabled, you can modify the renewal policy in Renewal Management in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console in the future. Region The Singapore (Singapore) region is supported.Note We recommend that you select the same region as the region in which upstream and downstream storage reside. Zone We recommend that you select the same zone as the zone in which upstream and downstream storage reside. Network VPC We recommend that you select the same VPC as the VPC in which upstream and downstream storage reside. vSwitch An IP address is assigned to each TaskManager instance and each JobManager instance of a fully managed Flink job. You can select one to five vSwitches to properly plan the CIDR blocks based on the scale of fully managed Flink jobs. Workspace settings Workspace Name The name must be 1 to 60 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, and hyphens (-). The name must start with a letter.Note
- Workspace names within the same Alibaba Cloud account must be unique. If you enter the name of an existing workspace, the system displays a message that prompts you to enter a different name.
- After the fully managed Flink service is activated, Workspace Name cannot be changed.
Resource Quota You need to configure this parameter only when the Subscription billing method is used. Computing resources are billed based on the quota that is provided in this method. Storage OSS Bucket The fully managed Flink service creates the following directories in the bucket that you select to store different types of data:
- artifacts: The uploaded JAR files are stored in this directory.
- flink-jobs: The high availability (HA) information and checkpoints of Flink jobs are stored in this directory.
- flink-savepoints: If you click Savepoint in the console of fully managed Flink, the savepoint operation is triggered and the final savepoint file is stored in this directory.
- logs: If you set Log Template to OSS for your job, the logs of your job are stored in this directory.
- sql-artifacts: Files on which user-defined functions (UDFs) and connectors depend are stored in this directory.
- plan: In Expert mode, the configured resource information is stored in this directory.
- flink-sessionclusters: The high availability (HA) information and checkpoints of session clusters are stored in this directory.
- After the fully managed Flink service is activated, OSS Bucket cannot be changed.
- The OSS bucket must be in the same region as the fully managed Flink service.
- For more information about how to select a bucket, see Usage notes.
- Click Confirm Order and complete the payment to activate the fully managed Flink service. Note
- After you complete the payment, click Console. On the Fully Managed Flink tab, you can view the workspace that is being created. In most cases, the workspace can be created within 5 to 10 minutes after you complete the payment.
- After fully managed Flink is activated, you can log on to the Realtime Compute for Apache Flink console to view the console interface. For more information, see Introduction to the console of fully managed Flink. By default, a project named Workspace name-default is generated after the workspace is created. You can create jobs after you enter the project. If you want to create other projects, follow the instructions provided in Manage projects.