Deletes a database from an RDS instance.
- RDS MySQL
- RDS PostgreSQL
- RDS SQL Server
- RDS MariaDB
The following table shows the authorization information corresponding to the API. The authorization information can be used in the
Action policy element to grant a RAM user or RAM role the permissions to call this API operation. Description:
- Operation: the value that you can use in the Action element to specify the operation on a resource.
- Access level: the access level of each operation. The levels are read, write, and list.
- Resource type: the type of the resource on which you can authorize the RAM user or the RAM role to perform the operation. Take note of the following items:
- The required resource types are displayed in bold characters.
- If the permissions cannot be granted at the resource level,
All Resourcesis used in the Resource type column of the operation.
- Condition Key: the condition key that is defined by the cloud service.
- Associated operation: other operations that the RAM user or the RAM role must have permissions to perform to complete the operation. To complete the operation, the RAM user or the RAM role must have the permissions to perform the associated operations.
The instance ID. You can call the DescribeDBInstances operation to query the instance ID.
The name of the database.
Sample success responses
|HTTP status code
|Database connect error. please check instance status and database processlist
|A database connection error occurred. Check the instance state and the database connection pool.
|Specified DB name is a keyword in RDS.
|Failed to specify the database name. The database name cannot contain the forbidden keyword DBName. Modify the database name.
|Failed to delete the database. Check the specified parameters and the instance state.
|Failed to delete the database. Check the specified parameters and the instance status.
|Current DB instance type does not support this operation.
|The operation failed. The RDS instance is not in a ready state.
|Current DB instance state does not support this operation.
|The operation is not permitted due to account mode of instance.
|The operation is not supported for the account type of the RDS instance. ApsaraDB RDS supports two types of accounts: privileged accounts and standard accounts.
|Current DB Instance character_type does not support this operation.
|This operation is not supported for the character type of the current instance.
|The current DB type does not support this operation.
|The operation failed. The operation is not supported by the database engine of the RDS instance. Specify a different database engine.
|The current DB state does not support this operation.
|The operation failed. The RDS instance is not in a ready state. For example, the RDS instance is being created or is receiving data from a migration task.
|The database instance does not exist.
|The name of the RDS instance cannot be found. Check the name of the RDS instance.
|Current DB instance lock mode does not support this operation.
|The operation failed. The RDS instance is locked.
|Specified one or more DB name does not exist or DB status does not support.
|The operation failed. The instance name cannot be found.
For a list of error codes, visit the Service error codes.
|Summary of changes
|The Error code has changed
|The Error code has changed
|API Description Update. The Error code has changed