This topic provides an overview of progress bars and an example on how to use progress bars. This topic also describes how to configure progress bar styles and how to delete a progress bar.
- A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
- Before you use a progress bar, choose , and configure the required parameters.
A progress bar displays the progress of a task in relation to a goal.
You can specify one to five measures for Pointer (Mea.).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click in the top menu bar and click the Progress Bar icon.
- On the Data tab, select measures based on your business requirements.
In the Measures list, double-click order_number. You can also drag this measure to the Pointer (Mea.) field.
- Click Update to update the progress bar.
You click the icon next to Pointer (Mea.) to modify the display name, description, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure parameters in the Basic Information, Functionality, and Style Settings sections.
For more information, see Configure progress bar styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure an auto-refresh interval for the progress bar.
Note For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and select Minutes, the system refreshes the progress bar every 5 minutes.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure progress bar styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, and Show Link.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the progress bar, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.You can change the progress bar styles. The options include Bar, Ring, and Liquid Fill.
- In the Functionality section, configure Target Type, Target Value, Completion Proportion Formula, and Decimal Places.
The target type can be a fixed value or a dynamic value. Dynamic values are the aggregate of the selected measures.You can use the following two formulas to calculate the completion proportion:
- Completion proportion = Actual value/Target value x 100%
- Completion proportion = [1 - (Actual value/Target value - 1)] x 100%Note The calculation formulas take effect only when the target value is negative. Default completion proportion = [1 - (Actual value/Target value - 1)] x 100%
- In the Style Settings section, configure Max Count of Values Each Row, Current/Target Label Value Display, and Color Settings.
Current/Target Label Value Display can be set to Label Value Only or Label Name+Value.If Current/Target Label Value Display is set to Label Name+Value, the following figure is displayed:
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.