This topic describes how to perform simple permission management by using ossbrowser.
Log on to ossbrowser as a RAM user
- Administrator RAM user: a RAM user who has administrative permissions. For example, a RAM user who can manage all buckets and authorize other RAM users is an administrator RAM user. You can log on to the RAM console by using your Alibaba Cloud account to create an administrator RAM user and grant the permissions to the user. The following figure shows the permissions.
- Operator RAM user: a RAM user who has the read-only permission on a bucket or directory. Administrator RAM users can use the simple policy feature to grant operator RAM users permissions. For more information, see Grant permissions by using a simple policy. Note You can grant fine-grained permissions to RAM users. For more information, see Overview.
Log on to ossbrowser by using STS tokens
You can use an Security Token Service (STS) token to log on to ossbrowser. STS tokens can be provided for other authorized users for temporary access to a directory in your bucket. The STS token automatically becomes invalid after it expires.
- Log on to ossbrowser as an administrator RAM user. Important When you log on to ossbrowser by using your Alibaba Cloud account or as an administrator RAM user, some of the features are inaccessible for data security reasons. We recommend that you use the AccessKey pair of an administrator RAM user to log on to ossbrowser and generate an authorization code. The administrator RAM user must have the bucket or directory management permissions and must be granted the AliyunRAMFullAccess permission and the AliyunSTSAssumeRoleAccess permission.
- Select the objects or directories to be temporarily accessed by the authorized users, and choose .
- Configure the privilege, validity period, and role, and click Generate.
- Click Copy to copy the authorization token.
- Refer to the following figure, log off from ossbrowser, and then use the STS token to log on.
Grant permissions by using a simple policy
- Log on to ossbrowser as an administrator RAM user.
- Select one or more objects or directories to be temporarily accessed by the authorized users, and choose .
- In the Simplify policy authorization dialog box, set Privileges.
- Grant permissions to an existing operator RAM user or create a new operator RAM user in this dialog box.
You can view and copy the generated policy text. For example, you can copy the policy text and use it to edit the authorization policies for RAM users and roles in the RAM console.Important To use the simple policy feature, you must log on to ossbrowser by using the AccessKey pair of a RAM user who has the RAM configuration permissions. For example, use the AccessKey pair of an administrator RAM user who has the RAM configuration permissions.