ossftp is an FTP server tool based on Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS). ossftp maps operations related to files and directories to those on OSS objects and directories. This way, you can manage objects stored in OSS over FTP.
- ossftp is provided for individual tests. To manage your OSS resources, we recommend that you use tools such as the OSS console, ossutil, ossbrowser, and SDK in production environments.
- The FTP protocol transmits data in plaintext. To prevent password leaks, we recommend
that you run ossftp and the client on the same machine and access data by using
- The ossftp server can be connected to only one client at a time. Subsequent connection requests cause the existing connection to disconnect from the client.
- Supported operating systems: Windows, Linux, and macOS
- Supported architecture: x86 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Runtime environments: Python 2.7 and Python 3.x
- Upload, download, and delete objects and directories.
- Use multipart upload to upload large objects.
- Support most FTP commands.
|Operating system||Description||Installation package|
|Windows||By default, Python 2.7 is not installed on Windows. The installation package includes Python 2.7. You can run ossftp directly after the package is decompressed.||ossftp-1.2.0-win.zip|
|Linux||By default, Python 2.7 or Python 3.x is installed on Linux. The installation package contains only the required dependent libraries.||ossftp-1.2.0-linux-mac.zip|
By default, Python 2.7 or Python 3.x is installed on macOS. The installation package contains only the required dependent libraries.