||Default bandwidth limit: 10 Gbit/s in regions inside the Chinese mainland and 5 Gbit/s
in regions outside the Chinese mainland. If this limit is reached, requests are throttled.
Note When a request is throttled, the response to the request contains the
x-oss-qos-delay-time: number header in which
number indicates the duration over which the request is throttled. Unit: ms. For upload
requests, the exact duration over which a request is throttled is returned. For download
requests, the estimated duration over which a request is throttled is returned. The
duration is estimated based on the extent of throttling and the downloaded object
If you require a higher bandwidth (10 Gbit/s to 100 Gbit/s) for your business such
as offline big data processing, contact technical support.
|Queries per second (QPS)
||The limit of the total QPS for a single account is 10,000. The actual values that
can be achieved are different in different read and write modes:
- Sequential read and write: 2,000
If you upload a large number of objects with sequential prefixes such as timestamps
and letters in the object names, many object indexes may be stored in a single partition.
In this case, if you send a large number of requests to query these objects, the latency
may increase. We recommend that you do not upload a large number of objects with sequential
prefixes in their names. For more information about how to change sequential prefixes
to random prefixes, see OSS performance and scalability best practices.
- Non-sequential read and write: 10,000
If you require a higher QPS, contact technical support.
- You can use an Alibaba Cloud account to create up to 100 buckets in the same region.
- A bucket name must be globally unique within OSS. For more information about the naming
conventions of buckets, see Bucket naming conventions.
- After a bucket is created, its name, region, storage class, and redundancy type cannot
- OSS does not impose limits on the capacity of a bucket.
- The size of the object to upload
When you use simple upload, form upload, or append upload to upload a single object, the object cannot exceed 5 GB in size.
When you use multipart upload to upload a single object, the object cannot exceed 48.8 TB in size.
- The size of the object to rename
You can rename only objects that are up to 1 GB in size in the OSS console. To rename
objects that exceed 1 GB in size, we recommend that you use ossutil.
- The number of objects to delete
You can delete up to 100 objects at a time in the OSS console.
You can delete up to 1,000 objects at a time when you use OSS SDKs, ossbrowser, or
Warning Deleted objects cannot be recovered. Exercise caution when you delete objects.
- Whether existing objects are overwritten by objects with the same names
By default, when you upload an object that has the same name as an existing object,
the existing object is overwritten. To prevent objects from being accidentally overwritten,
you can enable versioning for the bucket in which the objects are stored. You can
also include the x-oss-forbid-overwrite header in upload requests and set the value of the header to true.
||You must restore an Archive or Cold Archive object before you can access the object.
- It takes about a minute to restore an Archive object.
- For a Cold Archive object, the restoration period varies based on the restoration
priority of the object.
- Expedited: The object is restored within one hour.
- Standard: The object is restored within 2 to 5 hours.
- Bulk: The object is restored within 5 to 12 hours.
|Custom domain name
- For a domain name that is mapped to buckets located in regions inside the Chinese
mainland, you must apply for an ICP filing at the Ministry of Industry and Information
- Up to 100 domain names can be mapped to a bucket. However, a domain name can be mapped
only to a single bucket.
- OSS does not impose limits on the number of domain names that can be mapped to the
buckets of an Alibaba Cloud account.
||You can configure up to 1,000 lifecycle rules for a bucket.
- You can configure up to 20 back-to-origin rules for a bucket.
- In regions inside the Chinese mainland and the China (Hong Kong) region, the default
QPS for mirroring-based back-to-origin requests is 2,000, and the default bandwidth
is 2 Gbit/s. In regions outside China, the default QPS for mirroring-based back-to-origin
requests is 1,000, and the default bandwidth is 1 Gbit/s.
|Image Processing (IMG)
- Resource plans that you purchase for specific regions can be used to offset only fees
generated by the resource usage in the regions.
- You can use resource plans to offset the fees generated by the resource usage in the
regions that you specify when you purchase the resource plans.
- You can purchase only one storage plan within the same validity period. However, you
can renew the storage plan that you purchase. For more information about how to renew
a storage plan, see Overview.
- You can purchase multiple transfer acceleration plans and back-to-origin traffic plans
within the same validity period to offset your fees. However, these plans cannot be
upgraded or renewed.
- You can purchase multiple downstream traffic plans within the same validity period
to offset your fees. These plans can be renewed but cannot be upgraded.
- No resource plans are available to offset API operation calling fees, data processing
fees, and cross-region replication (CRR) traffic fees. You are charged these fees
on a pay-as-you-go basis. For more information, see API fees, Data processing fees, and Traffic fees.