To provide better service quality, Microservices Registry of Microservices Engine (MSE) is optimized from multiple aspects, including the technical architecture, edition, and billing system. This optimization aims to provide more functional, highly stable, and high-performance services for your production environment. This optimization also provides an easy way for you to select instance editions and specifications for your development or test environment. This optimization is expected to take effect since 00:00 on August 1, 2022.
- Microservices Registry Basic Edition instances are no longer provided. Microservices Registry Developer Edition instances are provided for development or testing scenarios. Each Developer Edition instance can have only one node.
- For a Microservices Registry Professional Edition instance in your production or integration testing environment, you must purchase three or more nodes for the instance to ensure high availability. The supported versions of Nacos and ZooKeeper instances are adjusted to ensure version consistency between the Developer Edition and Professional Edition. For example, Nacos 2.0 is supported only in the Professional Edition before the adjustment and is supported in both the Developer Edition and Professional Edition after the adjustment.
- Example 1: For the purposes of specifications upgrades, you can change a single-node Professional Edition instance (1 core and 2 GiB of memory) to a single-node Developer Edition instance (2 cores and 4 GiB of memory).
- Example 2: For the purposes of node addition, you can change a single-node Basic Edition instance (2 cores and 4 GiB of memory) to a three-node Professional Edition instance (2 cores and 4 GiB of memory).
- Example 3: For the purposes of specifications upgrades, you can change a four-node Basic Edition instance (2 cores and 4 GiB of memory) to a three-node Professional Edition instance (4 cores and 8 GiB of memory) or a five-node Professional Edition instance (4 cores and 8 GiB of memory). We recommend that you configure an odd number of nodes for your Professional Edition instance. A four-node Professional Edition instance provides the same high availability capability as a three-node Professional Edition instance.
Comparison between Developer Edition instances and Professional Edition instances
|Comparison item||Developer Edition instance||Professional Edition instance|
|Scenarios||Development, testing, and trial use||Production and integration testing|
|Number of nodes||1||
|High availability||Not supported||
|Performance||The instance performance is basically the same as the performance of open source instances.||Instances are developed based on Alibaba Dragonwell and deeply tuned. The overall performance of instances is improved by more than 40%.|
|Observability||Basic metrics are provided.||Multidimensional metrics and dashboards are provided.|
|Push tracking of Nacos services and configurations||Not supported||Supported|