Alibaba Cloud maintains ApsaraDB for MongoDB instances to ensure that they run stably. Maintenance for instances occurs at irregular intervals. A maintenance window is a time period in which Alibaba Cloud can perform maintenance operations. We recommend that you specify a maintenance window that is in off-peak hours to reduce the impact on your business during the maintenance process.
- Before maintenance is performed, the system sends SMS messages and emails to the contacts listed in your Alibaba Cloud account.
- When the maintenance window arrives, your RDS instance enters the Maintaining Instance state. This ensures a smooth maintenance process. Data access and query operations such as performance monitoring are not affected while the instance is in this state. However, except for account and database management and IP address whitelist configuration, change-involved operations such as upgrade, downgrade, and restart are temporarily unavailable in the console.
- During the maintenance window, one or two transient connections may occur. Make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the instance. The instance recovers to the normal state immediately after the transient connections.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances or Sharded Cluster Instances based on the instance type.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and region to which the instance belongs.
- Click the ID of an instance, or click in the Actions column corresponding to the instance and select Manage.
- In the Specifications section, click Edit next to Maintenance Period.
- In the drop-down list that appears, select a maintenance window for the instance.
Note The time zone of the maintenance window is the same as that of the computer that you use to log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- Click OK.