This topic describes the instance editions and billing methods of Message Queue for RabbitMQ. You can refer to the information provided in this topic to select instances that meet your business requirements.
Message Queue for RabbitMQ provides the following editions: Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Platinum Edition. The availability, features, and limits of the three editions are different. For more information about the differences among the editions, see Instance editions.
- Professional Edition: shared instances in which tenants are logically isolated and data is persistent. Each instance has three replicas to ensure high availability.
- Enterprise Edition: shared instances in which tenants are logically isolated and data is persistent. Each instance has three replicas to ensure high availability.
- Platinum Edition: dedicated instances in which data is persistent. Each instance has three replicas to ensure high availability. A dedicated instance is deployed in a dedicated physical cluster.
Message Queue for RabbitMQ instances use the subscription billing method.
You must pay for a subscription instance before you use the instance.
- Internet traffic. You are billed for this item only if you use instances that can be accessed over the Internet.
- Peak TPS
You are billed when you call the following API operations:
For more information about the API operations, see Request methods.Note
Delayed messages are featured messages in Message Queue for RabbitMQ. The fee that is incurred when you send or subscribe to a delayed message is five times the fee that is incurred when you send or subscribe to a normal message.
For example, if you publish a delayed message at a time and subscribe to the instance at a time, you are billed for 10 API calls. The number of API calls is calculated based on the following equation: 1 × 5 + 1 × 5 = 10.
- Maximum Number of Connections. This billing item is used only for instances of the Enterprise Edition and Platinum Edition.
- Message Storage Space. You are billed for this item only if you use instances of the Platinum Edition.
For more information about the pricing of subscription instances, click the buy page of Message Queue for RabbitMQ.