If the specifications of your Standard Edition instance are insufficient to meet your business requirements, you can upgrade the instance to Enterprise Platinum Edition in the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console. Then, you can use the features that are provided by Enterprise Platinum Edition. After the upgrade, the billing method of the instance changes from pay-as-you-go to subscription. This topic describes the background information, prerequisites, usage notes, and procedure for upgrading an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition.
- Standard Edition instances use the pay-as-you-go billing method.
- Enterprise Platinum Edition instances use the subscription billing method.
Enterprise Platinum Edition instances provide more features than Standard Edition instances. For more information about the differences between these two editions, see Instance editions.
PrerequisitesThe Standard Edition instance that you want to upgrade is in the Running state.
- When you upgrade an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition, the ID and endpoints of the instance are not changed. The continuity of your business on these instances is not affected during the upgrade process.
- After you upgrade an instance from Standard Edition to Enterprise Platinum Edition, you cannot manually downgrade the instance to Standard Edition. If you set Post-release Action to Change to Standard Edition After Release for the Enterprise Platinum Edition instance, the instance is downgraded to Standard Edition after the instance expires, and the billing method is changed to pay-as-you-go. For more information, see Configure the post-release action for an instance.
- Log on to the Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region such as China (Hangzhou).
- On the Instances page, find the Standard Edition instance that you want to upgrade, and choose in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, select the instance specifications to which you want to
upgrade. Select Message Queue for Apache RocketMQ Platinum Edition Terms of Service, click Buy Now, and complete the payment. After the upgrade is complete, the type of the instance is Enterprise Platinum Edition on the Instances page.