ApsaraDB for MongoDB provides the log audit feature that is supported by Log Service. You can use this feature to query audit logs, slow logs, and operational logs of ApsaraDB for MongoDB and visualize the query results. You can also create alert rules for logs, ship logs, and transform logs. This topic describes the resources, billing method, and limits that are related to the log audit feature.
- Dedicated project and Logstores
If you enable the log audit feature of ApsaraDB for MongoDB, a project and two Logstores are created. The project is named in the nosql-Alibaba Cloud account ID-region ID format and the Logstores are named mongo_audit_log and mongo_slow_run_log.
- The mongo_audit_log Logstore is used to store ApsaraDB for MongoDB audit logs.
- The mongo_slow_run_log Logstore is used to store slow logs and operational logs of ApsaraDB for MongoDB.
- Dedicated dashboards
Note Changes to dedicated dashboards may affect the usability of the dashboards. We recommend that you do not make changes to dedicated dashboards. You can create a custom dashboard to visualize log analysis results. For more information, see Create a dashboard.A dashboard is automatically generated for the mongo_audit_log Logstore.
Dashboard Description Mongo Audit Log Center Displays audit logs of ApsaraDB for MongoDB. The log data includes the number of users, the number of clients, the average response time (RT), and the average request rate.
- The log audit feature of ApsaraDB for MongoDB includes the trial version and official version. The trial version is available and is free of charge.
- If you want to query, analyze, or create alerts for logs that are pushed to Log Service,
you are charged for indexes and alert notifications in Log Service. For more information,
see Log Service pricing.
Note After audit logs are pushed to Log Service, you cannot pull, consume, ship, or transform the audit logs.
- You can write only ApsaraDB for MongoDB logs to a dedicated Logstore. You cannot modify the indexes in a dedicated Logstore.
- You cannot delete dedicated projects or Logstores.
- The retention period of data in a dedicated Logstore is one day and cannot be changed.
- If you have overdue payments for your Log Service resources, the log analysis feature becomes unavailable. To ensure service continuity, you must settle your overdue payment within the specified time limit.
- The log audit feature is available for ApsaraDB for MongoDB replica set instances and sharded cluster instances.