The fine-grained monitoring feature allows you to collect logs that contain monitoring data to Log Service. This topic describes how to enable the fine-grained monitoring feature for an elastic IP address (EIP) in the Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) console.
- Log on to the VPC console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the EIP resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Internet Tool Kit page, click Fine-grained Monitoring.
- On the High Definition Traffic Monitor page, follow the on-screen instructions to complete authorization. Authorize VPC to assume the AliyunVPCLogArchiveRole role to access Log Service resources.Note
- This operation is required the first time that you enable the feature. You must complete the authorization by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you use a RAM user to enable the fine-grained monitoring feature, you must make sure that the RAM user is granted the required permissions. For more information, see RAM user authorization.
- Do not revoke the permissions from the RAM role or delete the RAM role. If you revoke the permissions from the RAM role or delete the RAM role, the fine-grained monitoring data of the EIP cannot be sent to Log Service.
- On the High Definition Traffic Monitor page, find the EIP for which you want to enable the fine-grained monitoring feature and click Enable Fine-grained Monitoring in the Actions column.
- In the Log Settings panel, select the Log Service project and Logstore from the drop-down lists and click OK.