This topic describes four methods that you can use to add images. You can add images by calling API operations, using SDKs, performing batch operations, and using the console. Use SDKs if you need to add a small number of images in real time. Perform batch operations if you need to add millions of images by using a task. Use the console if you want to experience how to add images to the image gallery in Image Search. You can select an appropriate method based on your business needs.
Use the console
- Log on to the Image Search console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, select the service type that you need.For more information about the service types, see Features.
- Click the required instance ID.
- Click the Add Image tab.Specify the parameters to add an image based on the following parameter descriptions.
Parameter Parameter name in API operations Description Required Commodity ID ProductId The unique ID of the product. The ID can be up to 512 characters in length. Yes Image Name PicName The name of the image. The name can be up to 512 characters in length.Note
- An image is uniquely identified by a combination of the product ID and the image name.
- If images have the same product ID and image name, only the latest image prevails.
Yes Upload Image PicContent The image file to be uploaded. The image file is encoded in Base64. The image to be uploaded must meet the following requirements:
- The file size of the image cannot exceed 4 MB.
- Image Search supports the following image formats: PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, WEBP, TIFF, and PPM.
- The transmission time-out period cannot exceed 5 seconds.
- For product, and generic image searches, the length and the width of the image must range from 100 pixels to 4,096 pixels.
- The image cannot contain rotation information.
Yes Image Subject Recognition Crop Specifies whether to recognize the subject in the image and search for images based on the recognized subject. Yes Recognition Method - The method to recognize the subject in the image. Valid values:
- Automatic Recognition: If you select this option, the system recognizes the subject and searches for images based on the recognized subject. You can obtain the recognition result in the response.
- Define the main subject area: You can specify an area for subject recognition. If you do not specify a subject area, the system searches for images based on the entire image.
Yes Image Category CategoryId The category of the image. You can specify the category of an image when you add the image. No Custom Content CustomContent The user-defined content. The value can be up to 4,096 characters in length. No Integer Attribute IntAttr The integer attribute. The attribute can be used to filter images when you search for images. No String Attribute StrAttr The string attribute. The value can be up to 128 characters in length. The attribute can be used to filter images when you search for images. No
- Click OK. The process of adding the image is completed.
Call API operations
In this method, you can send requests over HTTP or HTTPS to access Image Search, and you must be authenticated based on a signature mechanism. The request body must be sent in a specified format. By default, five queries per second (QPS) are supported if you add images by calling API operations. For more information, see Add images.
Image Search provides SDKs of multiple versions. If you use SDKs to add images, you do not need to concern yourself with issues such as signature verification and compliance with the format of the request body. If you add a small number of images in real time, we recommend that you use SDKs. By default, five QPS is supported if you add images by using SDKs. For more information, see SDK reference.
Perform batch operations
After you connect Image Search to Alibaba Cloud Object Storage Service (OSS), you can import images from OSS to Image Search in batches. This method applies to scenarios where you need to add millions of images by using a task. For more information, see Perform batch operations.