If the instance that hosts your website is deployed in Mainland China, you must apply for an Internet Content Provider (ICP) filing before you launch your website. During the process of an ICP filing application, Alibaba Cloud verifies the instance and access information. This topic shows you how to check the instance and access information before you apply for an ICP filing if your website is hosted on an Alibaba Cloud instance or a service from Alibaba Cloud Marketplace that is deployed in Mainland China.
Check the access information
During the application review process, information about the service provider, access method, instance location, and website IP address is verified.
If you host your website on a self-managed server or in a data center, you must contact an Internet service provider (ISP), such as China Telecom and China Unicom, to apply for an ICP filing.
- Instance locationThe instance is deployed in an Alibaba Cloud region in Mainland China.Note
- To obtain the detailed endpoint of the instance, consult the after-sales team of Alibaba Cloud by using Smart Online.
- If the instance based on which you want to apply for an ICP filing is not an Alibaba Cloud instance, contact your service provider for the application.
- Instance service type
The instance is of the specified service type and meets the requirement on the subscription duration. For more information, see Table 1.Note After you purchase an Alibaba Cloud instance that is deployed in Mainland China, you must pay close attention to the expiration date and renew the instance at your earliest convenience. Otherwise, your website cannot be accessed and may be identified as a website whose ICP filing is invalid after the instance expires. If you do not promptly resolve this issue, the ICP filing will be canceled and your business will be affected.
- Number of service identification numbers available for websitesThe number of service identification numbers that can be applied for per supported instance varies based on its service type. Make sure that the instance you purchased has sufficient unused service identification numbers for your websites. For more information, see Table 1.Note
- If you use the same Alibaba Cloud account to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, you can select the instance during the ICP filing application. You do not need to apply for a service identification number. You can directly select the instance or apply for a service identification number for an ICP filing application. No matter which method you choose, the maximum number of service identification numbers that are supported by an instance does not change.
- If you use different Alibaba Cloud accounts to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, we recommend that you log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console and apply for a service identification number by using the account that is used to purchase the instance. For more information, see Apply for service identification numbers.
- To apply for an ICP filing, you must apply for a service identification number first. If a service identification number is already in use for a website, you cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website. If you deregister the website or remove Alibaba Cloud from the service provider list, the service identification number is still considered used. You cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website.
|Instance service type||Requirement for purchase||URL for purchase||Number of service identification numbers allowed|
|Elastic Compute Service (ECS)||
|ECS||Up to five per instance|
|Cloud Web Hosting||
||Cloud Web Hosting||Up to five per instance|
|Simple Application Server||
||Simple Application Server||Up to five per instance|
|Elastic Web Hosting||
||Elastic Web Hosting has been offline since December 2019. The instances that you purchased before the offline date can still be used for ICP filing applications. We recommend that you purchase Cloud Web Hosting instances for future use.||Up to five per instance|
||NAT Gateway||Up to two per instance
Note You cannot apply for service identification numbers if the instance is a pay-as-you-go instance.
|IPv6 Translation Service||
||IPv6 Translation Service||Up to two per instance|
|Edge Node Service (ENS)||
||ENS||Up to five per instance|
|IoT Platform||Default configurations are used.||Resource plans of IoT Platform||Up to one per resource plan|
Check other Alibaba Cloud services
|OSS||To associate a custom domain name with an OSS endpoint, you must apply for an ICP filing for this domain name. For more information, see Map custom domain names.||You must obtain an ICP number for the domain name from the MIIT. You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|CDN||You must apply for an ICP filing for each website that is hosted on an instance deployed in Mainland China to use Alibaba Cloud CDN.||You may use Alibaba Cloud CDN for content delivery acceleration in Mainland China or all over the world. You must obtain an ICP number for the domain name from the MIIT. You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|WAF||You must apply for an ICP filing for each website that is hosted on an instance deployed in Mainland China to use WAF.||You must obtain an ICP number for the domain name from the MIIT. You are not required to add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.|
|Anti-DDoS Pro||You must apply for an ICP filing for each website that is hosted on an instance deployed in Mainland China to use Anti-DDoS Pro.|
Check changes in access information
- You may have obtained an ICP filing through Alibaba Cloud. To host your website on
another Alibaba Cloud instance, perform the following operations based on the specific
Note If you have obtained an ICP filing through Alibaba Cloud and need to change the service provider, you must add the new service provider to the ICP filing information. For more information, consult the new service provider.
- If your website does not require a commercial ICP license, you need to modify only the resolution record of the domain name and direct the domain name to the new instance. You do not need to apply for a new ICP filing.
- If the province where you obtained a commercial ICP license requires that the submitted IP address be the same as the actual IP address, you must modify the submitted IP address in the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system. Contact the local authority to check whether you are required to modify the IP address when you apply for a Public Security Bureau (PSB) filing or a commercial ICP license.
- If you have obtained an ICP filing for your website through another service provider
and need to change the service provider or direct a subdomain to Alibaba Cloud, you
must add Alibaba Cloud to the ICP filing information as a service provider.
Note To check whether an ICP filing is issued for your website, log on to the , click the ICP Filing tab, enter the website domain name in the search box, and then click Search.