This topic describes how to enable and use the backup search feature. If you have a large number of backup files, you can use the backup search feature to locate a backup file that you want to restore.
Step 1: Enable the backup search feature
To use the backup search feature, you must enable the feature. To enable the backup search feature, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Overview.
- On the Overview page, find the vault for which you want to enable the backup search feature.
- In the upper-right corner of the vault card, choose .
- In the Modify Backup Vault panel, turn on Backup Search. Note Alibaba Cloud continuously updates HBR to support more regions. You can log on to the HBR console to view the supported regions.
Step 2: Use the backup search feature
You can use the backup search feature to search for files that are backed up in a specified backup vault based on the conditions that you specify. To use the backup search feature, perform the following steps:
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the backup vault resides.
- On the ECS File Backup page, click New Version.
- Click the Search Backups tab.
- In the upper-left corner of the Search Backups tab, select a backup vault from the Backup Vault drop-down list.
- You can directly search for files by keyword or use the advanced search feature.
On the Search Backups tab, the details of the returned files are displayed.
Enter a file name or folder name in the search box and then click Search.
- Advanced search
If you cannot find the file by using the basic search feature, you can use the advanced search feature. In the upper-right corner of the page, turn on Advanced Search. Set one or more of the following parameters and click Search.The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Backup Client The client that is used to back up the file. Select a backup client based on your business requirements. Search Type The type of the file. Valid values:
- File: HBR searches for a file.
- Folder: HBR searches for a folder.
Modify Time The start time and end time of the period during which the file was last modified. The time is accurate to seconds. Min Size The minimum size of the file. Unit: KB, MB, or GB. Max Size The maximum size of the file. Unit: KB, MB, or GB. Backup Time The start time and end time of the period during which the file was backed up. The time is accurate to seconds. If you want to clear the specified time, click the cross sign (
×) next to the time.Note If you want to reset all search conditions, click Reset in the upper-right corner.
Parameter Description Source Paths The path of the file. Backup Client Name/ID The name and ID of the backup client that is used to back up the file. Snapshot ID/Hash The snapshot ID and hash code of the backup. File Size The size of the file. Modify Time The time when the file was last modified. Backup Time The time when the file was backed up. Actions The operation that you can perform on the file. The value Restore indicates that you can restore the file.