This topic describes how to create and manage a Grafana workspace.
Create a workspace
- Log on to the .
- On the Workspace Management page, click Create Workspace.
- On the Create Workspace page, set the following parameters and click Create Now.
Parameter Description Example Workspace Name The name of the workspace. The name can be up to 64 characters in length. Grafana-test Workspace Description The description of the workspace. The description can be up to 512 characters in length. This parameter is optional. N/A Edition Only Standard Edition is supported. Standard Edition Version The version of the Grafana service. For more information, see Grafana official documentation.Note Only 8.2.x is supported. Grafana 8.2.x Logon Method
- Alibaba Cloud Single Sign-On (SSO): Log on to Grafana by using an Alibaba Cloud account or as a RAM user.
- Grafana Standard Logon: Log on to Grafana by using a Grafana administrator account and password.
- Alibaba Cloud Logon + Grafana Standard Logon: Log on to Grafana by using a Grafana administrator account, an Alibaba Cloud account, or as a RAM user.
Alibaba Cloud Logon + Grafana Standard Logon Password You must specify a new password. Set now Password The password of the Grafana administrator account. N/A Repeat Password Enter the password again. N/A Data Source The data sources that you want to integrate with the workspace.
By default, you can integrate all data sources that Grafana supports.
- ARMS Prometheus Service
- Log Service
Alert Settings The alert channels of Grafana. ARMS alert channels are automatically used by Grafana to report alerts. ARMS Alert Channel
- The The service is activated. A workspace is being created. message appears on the Create Workspace page. Click Go to the Console. On the Workspace Management page, view the workspace.Note
- A workspace is activated within 1 to 5 minutes. If Running is displayed in the Status column, the workspace is created.
- Alibaba Cloud Grafana is in public preview. You can create up to five workspaces.
Manage a workspace
On the Workspaces page, you can perform the following operations to manage a Grafana workspace:
- Click the ID of a workspace or click Management in the Actions column to view or modify the basic information of the workspace, and manage the parameters and data sources of the workspace.
- Click the URL of a workspace to go to the Grafana page. Note On the Grafana logon page, you can log on to Grafana by using a Grafana administrator account and password that you specified when you created the workspace. You can also click Sign in with Alibaba Cloud to log on by using the current Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click Release in the Actions column to release a workspace. In the Tips message, click OK. Note After you release a workspace, its IP address is not retained whereas its Grafana data is retained.