A Virtual Border Router (VBR) is connected to Network Intelligence Service (NIS) and supports the one-click diagnostics feature. The feature checks the configuration and operating status of a VBR and provides suggestions on how to resolve identified anomalies. You can use this feature to check the health status, configurations, quota limit, costs, and the details of past diagnostics.
- NIS is activated. You can go to the service activation page and activate the service.
- The AliyunServiceRoleForNis service-linked role is created. The system automatically creates the AliyunServiceRoleForNis service-linked role the first time you perform this operation. For more information, see Service-linked roles.
- A VBR is created. For more information, see Create and manage a VBR.
- Log on to the Express Connect console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region and then click Virtual Border Routers (VBRs) in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Virtual Border Routers (VBRs) page, find the VBR that you want to diagnose and click Diagnosis in the Actions column.
- In the Instance Health Diagnostics panel, view the progress, summary, and details of the diagnostic task.
- The anomalies are displayed in this panel.
- In the Diagnostic Items section, select Show All Diagnostic Items. All diagnostic items related to the VBR are displayed.
You can also click Go to the NIS to view historical diagnosis in the Instance Health Diagnostics panel to go to the Network Intelligence Service (NIS) console, which provides even more diagnostic information.
For more information about how to use the VBR diagnostics feature, see Work with instance diagnostics.
- After you view the diagnostics information, you can click Close.
Diagnostic items and details
- Blue: Critical
- Red: Major
- Orange: Minor
- Yellow: Info
- Green: Passed
|Health Check Diagnostics|
|Quota Limit Diagnostics|