This topic describes how to use an HTTP event source to integrate Zoho CRM with EventBridge.
Zoho CRM is an online SaaS customer relationship management (CRM) platform that helps you build your workflows in a flexible and adaptive manner. Zoho CRM allows you to copy CRM data online and customize your CRM system based on your business requirements. EventBridge supports fast integration with Zoho CRM for you to manage events and alerts in a centralized manner.
Step 1: Create an event source for Zoho CRM in EventBridge
- Request Type: Select HTTP&HTTPS.
- Request Method: Select a POST.
- Security Configuration: Select No Configuration Required.
Step 2: Create a webhook in Zoho CRM
- Log on to the Zoho CRM console and click the icon.
- On the page that appears, click Actions in the Automation section.
- In the top navigation bar, click the Webhooks tab. On the right side of the page, click Configure Webhook.
- On the New Webhook page, set the parameters based on your business requirements and click Save. The following table describes the parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the webhook. Description The description of the webhook. Method The method of the API request. By default, POST is selected. URL to Notify Set this parameter to the Internet request URL that is generated in Step 1: Create an event source for Zoho CRM in EventBridge. Authorization Type The type of authorization that you want to configure for the webhook. Module The module of Zoho CRM for which you want to create the webhook. Module Parameters The request parameters that are sent to a third-party application when the webhook is triggered to send notifications. You must specify the name, type, and value of the parameters. Custom Parameters The request parameters that are sent to a third-party application when the webhook is triggered to send notifications. You must specify the name and value of the parameters.
Step 3: Create a workflow rule
- After you create a webhook, click Workflow Rules in the left-side navigation pane.
- On the Workflow Rules page, click Create Rule.
- In the Create New Rule dialog box, set the Module, Rule Name, and Description parameters and click Next.
- On the page that appears, set the parameters and click Save.
- Select the condition for executing the rule. You can select On a record action, On a Date/Time, or Based on Score based on your business requirements.
- Select the range of objects to execute this rule. You can specify that the objects that match the specified conditions or all objects can trigger the rule based on your business requirements.
- Specify the time for executing the rule and associate the created webhook. You can
select Instant Actions or Scheduled Actions based on your business requirements. In this example, Instant Actions is selected. Click Instant Actions and select Webhook from the drop-down list. In the Webhook dialog box, select the Webhook that you create in Step 2: Create a webhook in Zoho CRM and click Associate.
Step 4: Trigger an event
- After you create a workflow, click the tab that corresponds to the type of object for which you create a workflow rule in the top navigation bar.
- On the page that appears, click the button to create the object.
- Set the parameters to trigger an event and click Save.
Step 5: Verify the result
- Log on to the EventBridge console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Event Buses.
- Log on to the EventBridge console. On the Event Buses page, find the custom event bus with which the created custom event source is associated and click Event Tracking in the Actions column to view the event.