After you create and deploy an application in Enterprise Distributed Application Service (EDAS), you may frequently update the application. If the application is a small-scale application or uses a simple architecture, you can deploy a new version to update the application after you develop and test the new version. This topic describes how to use the EDAS console to update an application in at-a-time release mode.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- On the Applications page, select Container Service or Serverless Kubernetes Cluster from the Cluster Type drop-down list. Then, click the name of the application that you want to release.
- In the upper-right corner of the Application Overview page, choose .
- In the Release to All at Once section of the Select Deployment Mode page, click Start Deployment.
- On the Release to All at Once page, upload the application deployment package of the new version.
Parameter Description Application Runtime Environment The type of the runtime environment of the application. Default value: Standard Java Application Runtime Environment. Java Environment The Java runtime environment of the application. Valid values: Open JDK 8, Open JDK 7, JDK 8, JDK 7, and Dragonwell 8. Current Environment The current runtime environment of the application. The current runtime environment is displayed only if the application is released by using JAR packages or WAR packages. EDAS automatically updates the Java environment or application runtime environment of your application to the latest version. File Uploading Method The file upload method. You can select Upload Package and upload a JAR or WAR package. You can also select Package Address and specify an address of a JAR or WAR package.Note The type of the deployment package must be the same as that used for the release of the last application version. JAR packages, WAR packages, and images are supported. A JAR package is used in this example. Upload Package If you set the File Uploading Method parameter to Upload Package, click Select File to select a JAR package. Package Address If you set the File Uploading Method parameter to Package Address, enter the URL of a JAR package.Note If you enter the URL of an Object Storage Service (OSS) object that has a signature, EDAS caches the file for subsequent operations, such as rollbacks and scale-outs, when you release the application. Version The version number of the deployment package. You can click Use Timestamp as Version Number on the right to generate a timestamp as the version number. Time Zone The time zone for the application. Specify the time zone of the specified region in UTC.
- Optional:Configure advanced application settings in the Scheduling Rules, Startup Command, Environment Variables, Persistent Storage, Local Storage, Application Life Cycle Management, and Log Collection Settings sections as needed. For more information, see the steps for configuring advanced application settings in Use an image to deploy an application in an ACK cluster and Use a JAR or WAR package to deploy an application in an ACK cluster.
- Click OK.
Verify the result
Go to the application details page. In the left-side navigation pane, click Change List. Check the status of the at-a-time release. If the value of the Execution Status parameter is Succeeded, the release is successful.