An Elastic Compute Service (ECS) cluster is an environment that EDAS provides to deploy applications. If you want to manage applications in an ECS environment in EDAS, you must first create an ECS cluster.
- A virtual private cloud (VPC) is created. This applies to scenarios in which you need to create an ECS cluster in a VPC. For more information, see Create an IPv4 VPC.
- A microservice namespace is created. This applies to scenarios in which you require high security of resources and services. You can create a microservice namespace to isolate resources and services. For more information, see Manage microservice namespaces in the EDAS console.
- An Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster consists of ECS instances that Alibaba Cloud provides. In this topic, an Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster is created.
- A hybrid cloud ECS cluster consists of instances provided by Alibaba Cloud ECS, self-managed data centers, and other cloud service providers. These instances are interconnected over Express Connect circuits and added to hybrid cloud ECS clusters for management. For more information, see Create a hybrid cloud ECS cluster.
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the ECS Cluster page, select a region and a microservice namespace. Then, click Create Cluster. You can select a microservice namespace on this page or in the Create Cluster dialog box.
- If resource or service isolation is required, select the microservice namespace that you create.
- If resource or service isolation is not required, select Default from the Microservice Namespace drop-down list.
- In the Create Cluster dialog box, set the parameters for the cluster, and click Create.
Parameter Description Cluster Name The name of the cluster. The name can be up to 64 characters in length and can contain letters, digits, underscores (_), and periods (.). Cluster
- Alibaba Cloud: specifies an Alibaba Cloud ECS cluster.
- Non-Alibaba Cloud: specifies a hybrid cloud ECS cluster. In a hybrid cloud ECS cluster, the instances provided by Alibaba Cloud ECS, self-managed data centers, and other cloud service providers are interconnected over Express Connect circuits. For more information, see Create a hybrid cloud ECS cluster.
Cluster Type This parameter can be set only to ECS. Cluster Network Type Valid values: Classic Network and VPC.Notice If you set the Cluster parameter to Non-Alibaba Cloud, you can set this parameter only to VPC. VPC Network After you select VPC, you must select a created VPC. Microservice Namespaces The microservice namespace to which the cluster belongs. By default, the namespace selected on the ECS Clusters page is displayed. If no microservice namespace is selected, Default is displayed in the Microservice Namespaces drop-down list. Set this parameter as needed. Resource Groups The resource group to which the cluster belongs. The resource group is created by the current Alibaba Cloud account in the Resource Management console. This group is not an EDAS resource group. If no resource groups are available, click Create Resource Group to go to the Resource Management console and create a resource group. For more information, see Create a resource group.After a cluster is created, the Created message appears on the top of the page, and the cluster appears in the cluster list.
What to do next
After you create a cluster, the cluster does not contain ECS instances and you must add ECS instances to the cluster. For more information, see Scale out an ECS cluster in the EDAS console.