This topic describes how to reset the password of the elastic user that is used to access your Elasticsearch cluster. After you reset the password, if you use the elastic user to log on to your Elasticsearch cluster and the Kibana console of the cluster, you must use the new password of the elastic user.
- This operation resets only the password of the elastic user. We recommend that you use a custom account that is granted the required permissions instead of the elastic account to log on to your Elasticsearch cluster.
- After you confirm the operations, the system does not restart the Elasticsearch cluster.
- Log on to the Elasticsearch console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elasticsearch Clusters.
- Navigate to the desired cluster.
- In the top navigation bar, select the resource group to which the cluster belongs and the region where the cluster resides.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Elasticsearch Clusters. On the Elasticsearch Clusters page, find the cluster and click its ID.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the page that appears, click Security.
- In the Network Settings section of the page that appears, click Reset next to Elasticsearch Cluster Password.
- In the Reset pane, enter the new password for elastic and confirm the password.
- Click OK.After you reset the password, the new password takes effect in about five minutes.